Do we have to leave?

YunYun Netherlands Join Date: 2017-04-30 Member: 230140Members
It seems like all the planned endgame options involve various ways to leave the planet, but i am sure some of us would be happy to spend our days peeping peepers and stalking stalkers.
Therefore i would like to suggest an alternate end goal of trying to acclimate to the planet instead of leaving it. We already have a mutative disease as a central part of the plot, so why not give us the option to mutate into some kind of horrific fish monster instead of curing it?
While i would love be a leviathan, it would not necessarily have to involve all that much work, plus that would probably get boring fast.
Since this is a 1st person game the player could remain functionally identical and just have the arms retextured and perhaps replace the legs with something fishy? Adjust co2 levels, swim speed and possibly let us eat raw fish?

Comments

• SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    edited May 2017
    Yun wrote: »
    why not give us the option to mutate into some kind of horrific fish monster instead of curing it?
    who in gods name would want to do that

Anyways I don't see why anyone would want this. The game will never force you to leave the planet (i think), and leaving on the rocket is optional (i think), but there shouldn't be an alternate ending that involves mutating into a fish or whatever.
  • TIEbomber1967TIEbomber1967 California Join Date: 2015-09-23 Member: 208109Members
    The bacterium is mutating, you are not.
    You are dying.

But hey... feel free to stick around. The Cave Crawlers and Shuttlebugs would appreciate it.
    (they're the carrion eaters, right?)
  • BraulioBraulio Join Date: 2017-04-28 Member: 230065Members
    Thanks for sharing your creative ideas, but this is way too much a fantasy of yours I, and hope others too, won't share for this game.
  • EternalGolemEternalGolem Join Date: 2016-11-04 Member: 223650Members
    I have an idea, this open world progression type game has to have an "end" to be sold on some markets. This situation happened years ago when "Minecraft" had its "end" added. Even though it is not required to beat it.
  • NVMGamerNVMGamer Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230464Members
    edited May 2017
    I don't like the idea of leaving all that much, I think it would be awesome if you used the rocket and the cannon reactivated or something 'else' finds you before you can leave and the rocket is destroyed and it would have a sick animation of the thing self-destructing as you run for your goddamn life from the nuclear detonation (ik this is similar to the beginning but it would be a good concept for something to go wrong and you end up with the same fate as the aurora) [or maybe Alterra does something] {OR maybe you end up crashed somewhere else on this planet,the moon or even a new planet} idk add your ideas to mine maybe I am being too unoriginal
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    NVMGamer wrote: »
    i dont like the idea of leaving all that much, i think it would be awesome if you used the rocket and the cannon reactivatied or something 'else' finds you before you can leave and the rocket is destroyed and it would have a sick animation of the thing self destructing as you run for your goddamn life from the nuclear detonation (ik this is similar to the begining but it would be a good concept for something to go wrong and you end up with the same fate as the aurora) [or maybe alterra does something] {OR maybe you end up crashed somewhere else on this planet, the moon, or even a new planet} idk add your ideas to mine maybe i am being too unoriginal

Please learn how to use periods and correct sentence structure. Has noone ever graded a paper from you and marked run-on sentences?

As for the idea, you seem to be streaming consciousness. How is it a good thing to waste player time gathering resources for nothing?
    EvilSmoo wrote: »
    NVMGamer wrote: »
    i dont like the idea of leaving all that much, i think it would be awesome if you used the rocket and the cannon reactivatied or something 'else' finds you before you can leave and the rocket is destroyed and it would have a sick animation of the thing self destructing as you run for your goddamn life from the nuclear detonation (ik this is similar to the begining but it would be a good concept for something to go wrong and you end up with the same fate as the aurora) [or maybe alterra does something] {OR maybe you end up crashed somewhere else on this planet, the moon, or even a new planet} idk add your ideas to mine maybe i am being too unoriginal

Please learn how to use periods and correct sentence structure. Has noone ever graded a paper from you and marked run-on sentences?

As for the idea, you seem to be streaming consciousness. How is it a good thing to waste player time gathering resources for nothing?

Very true, I usually do use proper grammar and punctuation but I was rushing typing that and wasn't really paying any attention to detail.

But I'm thinking that getting to a new planet with new stuff and even more terrifying things lurking about could be a good idea

OR!
    we do escape and the game ends but we get another game somewhere else......

reply if you have any thoughts on the subject
  • Funsauce32Funsauce32 Canada Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218339Members
    the endgame should have 2 options, attemt to extract the enzymes from the emperor babies (Most likely killing them) Or sparing them but not being able to disable the gun, forcing you to stay on the planet forever. honestly that would be a really tough decision for people who are playing blind. i think this would be reeeeeeeeeeeeeally cool.
    Funsauce32 wrote: »
    the endgame should have 2 options, attemt to extract the enzymes from the emperor babies (Most likely killing them) Or sparing them but not being able to disable the gun, forcing you to stay on the planet forever. honestly that would be a really tough decision for people who are playing blind. i think this would be reeeeeeeeeeeeeally cool.

not a bad idea but in my opinion a survival game should never have a true ending