What happens if you take away the loading screen?

nesrak1nesrak1 Places Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224536Members
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CJET84yp8AQ&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comments

• garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
  • nesrak1nesrak1 Places Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224536Members
    I guess the youtube tag doesn't work anymore so here's a clickable link (I couldn't edit op because of spam block)
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=CJET84yp8AQ
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    Watched your flying Seamoth video after this one. Reminds me a lot of the TV series I watched in syndication a couple of years back called 'Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea' with this flying craft:

Jacke wrote: »
    nesrak1 wrote: »
    I'm still researching before I put anything else out.
    It's taken me two days for stuff like this to work. (It's different because it's "dynamic" so I have to figure out if it's loaded or not or we get nasty errors. And if I did search for it constantly you would see tons of lag.)
    That is so cool! Reminds me of Irwin Allen's version.

And I've thought of another weapon for planetary defence: the Rickroll Cannon. Fires at an income spacecraft causing it to lose control. As well, as it's crashing, the video screens and speakers start playing the video for "Never Going to Give You Up" just to add insult to injury during those final moments. :)

• JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    If you want to scar your character, take away the loading screen, and make them watch the world form around them. He will watch as pixels, ones and zeros come together and create the universe. It's a simulation, boys. Let Scuba Steve know his life is a lie.
  • CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
    Jamezorg wrote: »
    If you want to scar your character, take away the loading screen, and make them watch the world form around them. He will watch as pixels, ones and zeros come together and create the universe. It's a simulation, boys. Let Scuba Steve know his life is a lie.

His own life is a lie, and his universe can be deleted with 2 clicks.
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members

But we have the ability to create another with two more of these life-giving clicks. He will watch as worlds rise and fall around him, and he will never remember his previous adventures. It is a vicious cycle; he will never stop going round and round, and when he does he better be ready, for there's no coming back from that.
    The Cult of Steve sounds too much like Minecraft to name ourselves that...
  • awesomeguy101awesomeguy101 Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218886Members

Ok then... how to remove the loading screen... -loads a year old save- OHHH MY GAME IS BROKEN! WHY IS EVERYTHING RAINBOWS!?
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    I've noticed in rare occurrences, when starting a new game I can hear Gasopod murmuring or heat vent ruptures during the opening kinematic (if they exist close by from your initial spawn point) which lead me to realize that the game often 'loads' in the surrounding area during key moments.

Also, if you use the Precursor Portal on the Floating/Mountain with the F1 console up, you warp immediately to the new location, but it takes several seconds before you emerge from the vortex. The green energy field likely disguises the terrain loading around you and making it appear seamless, similar to what happens if you WARP to a different biome than what you're currently in at present.

Not that I'm knocking the game's design mind you, it's just interesting to see how the game operates on a technical level. :blush:
    Tarkannen wrote: »
    I've noticed in rare occurrences, when starting a new game I can hear Gasopod murmuring or heat vent ruptures during the opening kinematic (if they exist close by from your initial spawn point) which lead me to realize that the game often 'loads' in the surrounding area during key moments.
    Same. It's why I tried it.