Seamoth Crush Depth Resets to 200m Each Time you Load the Game.

mikeloevenmikeloeven Join Date: 2017-04-14 Member: 229623Members
There is a bug that effects the sea-moth but my also effect other vehicles however I have not been able to test this. Every time I load my save game the seamoth's crush depth is set back to 200m and I need to physically remove and reinsert the pressure upgrade every time I restart the game. This is a serious problem when your using a cyclops. Due to the design of the cyclops docking bay you cannot access the seamoth's upgrades or cargo containers while docked. This requires you to surface and reinstall the pressure upgrade each time you load the game and if you forget to do this step and launch at say 300-400 you will suffer a lot of damage.

Comments

• DarthOmnisDarthOmnis United States Join Date: 2016-12-15 Member: 224970Members
    I am going to assume you are in the Stable build since this issue has been fixed in experimental and will release with the April update.
  • mikeloevenmikeloeven Join Date: 2017-04-14 Member: 229623Members
    Okay thanks for telling me
  • DarthOmnisDarthOmnis United States Join Date: 2016-12-15 Member: 224970Members
    Anytime. A word of advice: Favorite this page to stay updated on all Subnautica development, primarily the Subnautica Developement, Subnautica Playtesting, and Subnautica Release will have activity daily.
    edited April 2017
    May be slated to be fixed by the april update but i just installed experimental and the issue still occured it seems there was only a partial fix. If the seamoth is in open ocean when the game is saved it's crush depth is preserved however if the seamoth is inside a moonpool or cyclops the issue still occurs and the crush depth reverts to 200 when the seamoth is launched after loading the game

Can anyone confirm this
  • choronichoroni Join Date: 2017-04-25 Member: 229970Members
    I play in stable and this is still occurring. The only fix is to return to the moonpool and reseat the upgrade.
    Yes but @DarthOmnis said it was fixed in experimental i loaded experimental and the issue was only fixed in open ocean docked craft still reset
  • xm234xm234 Poland Join Date: 2017-03-26 Member: 229207Members
    mikeloeven wrote: »
    Yes but @DarthOmnis said it was fixed in experimental i loaded experimental and the issue was only fixed in open ocean docked craft still reset

It works like that in stable as well (infected update). It's really annoying, when the vehicle is docked in a Cyclops, (PRAWN suit is affected by the bug as well) since the player has to undock the sub before resetting the compensator.
  • GreendwellerGreendweller Holland Join Date: 2016-04-19 Member: 215980Members
    edited April 2017
    Have the same issue that i have to reload that upgrade before it gets active. (On experimental)
    On the other hand: I upgraded it in the workbench to mk3 and loaded it in my seamoth.
    But it magicly also increased the depth limit of my prawn without any upgrades placed in it :).
  • MaxRavenclawMaxRavenclaw Join Date: 2017-06-27 Member: 231398Members
    As of the present moment, the issue persists. Any news on a fix?
  • 5m4llP0X5m4llP0X Join Date: 2017-06-26 Member: 231356Members
    I've noticed the same. Really sucks when you Save a game, have to reload and are crushed due to your mod not working.
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    I still see this on XBox, but I haven't seen it on PC in the last few days.

Has anyone tried creating a new game since the recent updates?
    I did when the Voice of the Deep came out. Has there been another update since that?
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    I created a new game the other day, after the latest micro-updates to Voice of the Deep on PC, and this still happens.
    elfcrisis wrote: »
    I created a new game the other day, after the latest micro-updates to Voice of the Deep on PC, and this still happens.
    Yep. Which means saving and reloading might cause your seamoth to explode.
  • MaxRavenclawMaxRavenclaw Join Date: 2017-06-27 Member: 231398Members
    Luckily, you can exit the Seamoth and take out the depth module and put it back in. It will reset the depth to the proper one.
  • MishtifMishtif United States Join Date: 2017-07-08 Member: 231675Members
    edited July 2017
    Just checked and Seamoth upgrade stayed in place but Prawn upgrade didn't after loading a save. Build 50032
  • TKD_WarriorTKD_Warrior United States Join Date: 2017-07-09 Member: 231680Members
    I just had this bug occur today a few minutes ago. Still not fixed.
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    I just had this bug occur today a few minutes ago. Still not fixed.

If you're on Stable, it won't be. My last few reloads, the Seamoth's pressure depth was set correctly (which is good considering I have one parked just outside the entrance to the ILZ).
    Luckily, you can exit the Seamoth and take out the depth module and put it back in. It will reset the depth to the proper one.
    Might be bad if you reload a game where you're 600m down.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    5m4llP0X wrote: »
    Might be bad if you reload a game where you're 600m down.

There is usually plenty of time to fix the depth module. Just don't save away from seamoth.
  • DukeDuvelDukeDuvel Join Date: 2017-09-14 Member: 232998Members
    I am at this moment in the stable build (ghost update). I experience this bug when in the Cyclops with the moth. Workaround at this point for me is to exit the Cyclops with the seamoth and save. So no changing modules necessary then.

When I save at the moment the moth is in the cyclops, the bug persists.
  • KurasuKurasu Join Date: 2017-06-24 Member: 231322Members
    It's fixed! It's finally fixed!

In the new stable Cuddlefish update, I just hopped directly into my Seamoth, and its crush depth is at 900 meters without having to 'reequip'.