Solar Panel HELP

epicologyepicology Join Date: 2017-04-22 Member: 229860Members
For some reason while attempting to construct the solar panel it stops at 25%... anyone run into this issue yet?

Comments

• garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    Try the simple stuff first:

1. Make sure the battery in the habitat builder has power.
    2. Check to make sure you have the needed materials for the solar panel.

I have run into this NUMEROUS times, and it always because I've either run out of power, or I started building the solar panel without having sufficient quartz / titanium.
  • epicologyepicology Join Date: 2017-04-22 Member: 229860Members
    80% power, 15 titanium and 4 quartz. Building it on a foundation. This is why I'm confused. This isn't my first rodeo with the game. I've recently returned to check out the new updates. Never had this issue before.
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    Try deconstructing it and then start building it again.
  • epicologyepicology Join Date: 2017-04-22 Member: 229860Members
    Yeah I tried that too... I even built a new foundation and tried it there... is this a bug and it is thinking I don't have enough titanium? It builds to 25% then stops. Shows 2 titanium in parentheses. Does that mean it thinks I don't have the titanium required? I have a ton...
  • TheStellarEngineerTheStellarEngineer United States Join Date: 2017-03-19 Member: 229041Members
    Um, where are you building it? What area, I mean? I once built a compartment to find that I could not remove it. It told me to deconstruct "None Visible" but nothing was there. Maybe its just a bad spot.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited April 2017
    epicology wrote: »
    Yeah I tried that too... I even built a new foundation and tried it there... is this a bug and it is thinking I don't have enough titanium? It builds to 25% then stops. Shows 2 titanium in parentheses. Does that mean it thinks I don't have the titanium required? I have a ton...

Usually this means that you don't have enough of the item displayed In Your Personal Inventory.

I'd dump everything back into a Wall Locker and then just pick up 2 each of Titanium & Quartz then try to fabricate a Solar Panel.

See if perhaps something you picked up had a glitch in it.
    Also, remember to Deconstruct any and all other items you may have tried to build previously.
    Any resources you tried to use previously, actually get attached to the base item not completed and even though it shows as being available in you Personal Inventory, it's actually not.
    B)
  • SenneraSennera Texas Join Date: 2015-07-07 Member: 206043Members
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    epicology wrote: »

Usually this means that you don't have enough of the item displayed In Your Personal Inventory.

I'd dump everything back into a Wall Locker and then just pick up 2 each of Titanium & Quartz then try to fabricate a Solar Panel.

See if perhaps something you picked up had a glitch in it.
    Also, remember to Deconstruct any and all other items you may have tried to build previously.
    Any resources you tried to use previously, actually get attached to the base item not completed and even though it shows as being available in you Personal Inventory, it's actually not.
    B)

I never noticed that quirk about the build system. If it's like that, then they should just do like Space Engineers and put all the reserved materials into the thing being constructed right away.