Alien Aquarium Blueprints

NovanCrusaderNovanCrusader United States Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228373Members
edited March 2017 in Ideas and Suggestions
So, perhaps after the Sea Emperor Levithan is found in the massive aquarium the devs plan on having it spawn in, perhaps we could have some sort of databank to unlock a blueprint for a bigger aquarium for our bases (in the events we don't want to leave Planet 4546b just yet once the game is finished.)

I am cool if this doesn't become a thing, because the Alien Containment is big enough and can be expanded, but I'm saying we could have a blue print for like a larger aquarium we could attach to the outside of our bases to contain bigger creatures more easily.

Let me know your thoughts in the comments! :)

Comments

• scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    So, one that's moonpool sized or larger, then?
  • NovanCrusaderNovanCrusader United States Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228373Members
    So, one that's moonpool sized or larger, then?

Something like that. I'm looking at my five-story central structure of my base with nothing but alien containments on each floor to contain numerous fish (I also use it as my ladder via hatches) and hatch local eggs I find to release them back into the wilds once fully grown.

But that's not the problem. I find it irritating to have many large fish like gasopods, ampeels, stalkers, etc, all growing to about half size and stopping there. With a bigger containment area, they could grow to full size.

I also find it tedious to have to build multiple layers of multipurpose rooms to expand the containment areas to allow for both more fish, and taller kelp and kelp-like plants, but that's just on my end and doesn't need to be fixed or changed.

Keep in mind, I'm not saying plans to built a super aquarium designed for leviathans, because that would be impractical, but a fairly sized one as suggested.
  • Toruk_MaktoToruk_Makto Italy Join Date: 2017-02-15 Member: 227945Members
    It can be a fun idea.
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    Also would be very useful for aquaculture, or stalker teeth-farming. Plus, I'd probably stick a desk and a chair next to it and just watch the fish swim and gasopods fart Gatorade.

Could be nice. :)