World difficulty progression

AgentSkellyAgentSkelly Chicago Illinois At The Moment Join Date: 2017-03-09 Member: 228760Members
edited March 2017 in Ideas and Suggestions
Im just going to come out and say this please no hostile comments this is just a friendly idea that i know has had tons of threads based around but i wanted to give my idea of it.

-Difficulty Progression So i was thinking you know when you click on data terminals in the precursor bases i think when ever you go and collect fragments of the story it should increase the number of predators.

-The predators being 1# Amp eels #2 Reapers Leviathans #3 Sea Dragon Leviathans #4 Bone Sharks #5 The Great deadly PEEPERS That cause me to drown all to often because im hungry.

-How to implement I would do so by adding more spawn points closer and closer to the middle of the map and the spawn points for these certain creatures would be triggered by Certain terminals in precursor bases but those terminals only activate the certain spawn points that terminal was meant to activate so for instance when you try to deactivate the ... you know what it would make it so reaper leviathans and amp eels spawn 200 meters closer to the shallows rather than being bound to the edges of the map or the blood kelp. but that idea for data terminals in other precursor bases.

Comments

• scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    Well, it does up the difficulty already in progressing the disease storyline, but I see what you're getting at. I'd just suggest that this mechanic - if implemented - be added as part of a selected "higher difficulty" setting rather than as a forced default. However, for the folks who feel the game is too easy (and there are a number of them), this could be a relatively easy-to-implement solution.

It'd also be interesting - again, in a selectable higher-difficulty mode - for superpredators like ampeels and Reapers to naturally come close(r) to the surface at nighttime to feed. That could screw up your evening in a hurry.

As for your chosen predators:
    1. Thanks; those weren't scary enough in the deep. Thank you for putting them next to my house.
    2. Already occasionally spawn in Safe Shallows; people might not realize it's a new mechanic.
    3. Naturally.
    4. I no longer like you, mainly because I hate bonesharks and you're going to put them on my doorstep.
    5. You're not well, are you?
    ;)
  • AgentSkellyAgentSkelly Chicago Illinois At The Moment Join Date: 2017-03-09 Member: 228760Members
    Well, it does up the difficulty already in progressing the disease storyline, but I see what you're getting at. I'd just suggest that this mechanic - if implemented - be added as part of a selected "higher difficulty" setting rather than as a forced default. However, for the folks who feel the game is too easy (and there are a number of them), this could be a relatively easy-to-implement solution.

It'd also be interesting - again, in a selectable higher-difficulty mode - for superpredators like ampeels and Reapers to naturally come close(r) to the surface at nighttime to feed. That could screw up your evening in a hurry.

As for your chosen predators:
    1. Thanks; those weren't scary enough in the deep. Thank you for putting them next to my house.
    2. Already occasionally spawn in Safe Shallows; people might not realize it's a new mechanic.
    3. Naturally.
    4. I no longer like you, mainly because I hate bonesharks and you're going to put them on my doorstep.
    5. You're not well, are you?
    ;)

YES! thank you! i was thinking the same thing and a higher difficulty would affect these as well and i did not know that these creatures could spawn in the shallows either so thank you for that and... No im not well am i?
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    When evil carnivorous Peepers come to mind...no, not really. Sorry, buddy. But it's okay; we're all a little nuts here. :)
  • NVMGamerNVMGamer Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230464Members
    THE PEEPERS WILL RISE AGAINST US, THEY ARE THE PRECURSORS