Level and skill number

123457»

Comments

• current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    CCTEE wrote: »
    I couldn't join a team on a server because 'Your Elo rating is too high'.
    Who made that terrible servermod?

Hi that would be me,

and no that's not a bad mod, it's mainly meant to provide a way to split servers into different skill classes. There is only one server running it atm and that would be the rookie server of german-slaughterhouse.

If you have a Elo higher than 1650 you are not a rookie anymore and skilled enought to play on normal servers.

We don't call it noobs only, because that term would be wrong. PPl around 1500 are just avg./ new players, anything higher 1650 are advanced player and therefore should play on normal servers.

Looking at it from a server OP's side I think that's actually a pretty slick way to do it and make it auto admin itself more or less when it comes to pub stomping.

However, looking at it from a player with above a 1600 elo it deeply saddens me there is a mod that does this now. I see the potential for a ton of bad shit to come from it. Slippery slope.... :(
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    current1y wrote: »
    Looking at it from a server OP's side I think that's actually a pretty slick way to do it and make it auto admin itself more or less when it comes to pub stomping.

However, looking at it from a player with above a 1600 elo it deeply saddens me there is a mod that does this now. I see the potential for a ton of bad shit to come from it. Slippery slope.... :(

Well, on the bright side, that means your shotgun and my face won't be meeting in that server anytime soon! :p
  • GamingZombabeGamingZombabe Join Date: 2017-02-11 Member: 227816Members
    what's the hive score doing for people now? whenever i try to get on it, it says its retired. i dont understand why the number are still in affect.. it just makes player look bad now. and even if they do get a great k/d ratio, its mostly just based on a win/lose ratio now. i dont understand...
  • MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    Holy freaking necro batman!!!

Hive is basically "broken" for lack of a better word. One lump score for both alien/marine, and based on win/loss alone make it only semi accurate at determining skill and useless for shuffle.