Cyclop

lonelywolflonelywolf Sweden Join Date: 2015-05-21 Member: 204737Members
i cant build cyclop, i have found all the pieces so it says that i got hull, engine and bridge and when i popup the vehicle constructer it is avaible and show what i need too build it, i got all the items but when i press build nothing happens and the pad says i got 1/3 of cyclop. i cant more pieces it will be turned in to iron, so what am i supposed to do now?

Comments

• MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Sounds silly but have you checked under the water? There is (was) a bug that caused the vehicles to be built by the drones under the water.
  • lonelywolflonelywolf Sweden Join Date: 2015-05-21 Member: 204737Members
    nothing happens, it just won't build.
    Are you playing stable or experimental?
    stable, but i was thinking about one thing. do i need 9 pieces of all or 3 of one sort?
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    You will need to scan each type 3 times for a total of 9 scans(3 bridge, 3 hull, 3 engine). The Cyclops is so complex it takes 3 separate blueprints to make the complete blueprint.
    I have scanned 3 engine pieces that looked the same. Same with hull and bridge so i got blueprint on them all, it says what i need too build it, but it wont work. Bug?
    edited February 2017
    If it's giving you the option to build the Cyclops at that floating machine thing then I guess you must have the parts. There was a bug a little while ago, which I guess must still be present, in which people collected all pieces of the Cyclops, got it unlocked but the progress bar still showed something like 2/3 complete.

If you have collected all the parts and it's not letting you build it, you could do a work around and spawn one. It won't be cheating seeing as you got the blueprints and resources already.

Can you take a screenshot of your blueprints and of the availability of the Cyclops on the sub making machine?
    edited February 2017
    I don't see the symbol for the blueprint of the Cyclops bridge. The three you have circled are: (L) Cyclops itself, (C) Hull, (R) Engine. You do have the bridge blueprint.

However, the symbol for the whole Cyclops seems to suggest it's available despite the overall progress showing only 1/3 complete.

My Cyclops progress also shows only 1/3 but I have all the blueprints and currently have a Cyclops built.
  • Crewman87Crewman87 Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224967Members
    edited February 2017
    Why don't we give this a try.

While in game, press F3 to open the debug menu. Once you open it, hit F3 again to close it. After that hit enter, and you should see a small input field to type in on the bottom left. Type these 3 commands.
    • unlock CyclopsBridgeFragment
    • unlock CyclopsHullFragment
    • unlock CyclopsEngineFragment

This will give you all 3 blueprints and hopefully fix your issue.
    The cyclops bridge is further down so i have it. So should i spawn it then? Spawn cyclops? Hope they fix it soon.
    lonelywolf wrote: »
    The cyclops bridge is further down so i have it. So should i spawn it then? Spawn cyclops? Hope they fix it soon.

If you have all the blueprints and the resources then yes I would spawn one. If you have collected the resources and made the ingredients, so to speak, then I don't class it as cheating when you spawn one. It's only cheating if you have not found all the blueprints and haven't bothered collecting the ingredients. :smile:
    I want to bump this, as it seems this goes deeper than the cyclops. On a save where I had already built a seamoth, I wanted to build another. Problem is, it wouldn't build despite having the materials. So at the moment, it seems there is a bug causing you not to be able to build vehicles. So far, no idea how to fix it.
    i can't even build the prawn.
    I couldn't find a fix myself. I just ended up spawning a new one. So I suppose if this happens that may be the only thing you can do. As Myrm mentioned, just collect what you need to build it, and then trash it if you feel it's a bit cheaty.