Camera Drones - What's The Point?

2»

Comments

• zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Is it even necessary to have the cam drones as repeaters?

We already have a radio that could act like a router/repeater to connect all cam drones from all bases and the Cyclops to a giant cam network.

The devs only need to link the cams with the radios at each location together with a radio network and program that stuff with checks for conditions like radios linked to scanner rooms. Then you could rotate through all locations and cams.
  • JckingJcking Join Date: 2017-01-27 Member: 227344Members
    why? I think the drones are perfect for stalker food.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    From the latest scanner room test at the bottom of the Lava Castle Precursor Base I found out that with the new range of 500m you can almost scan and view the entire Lava biome, including the prison cave.

I assume the same could be done with major deeper biomes when placing a scanner room at the center, like the Lost River or Grand Reef. I think most Biomes can be covered with a circle of a 500-600m range at the Biome center.

So the only weak part is the cam drone range of an average max 400m useful vision range. This should be increasable by scanner room upgrades too.
  • Carl_BarCarl_Bar Join Date: 2017-02-03 Member: 227560Members
    Yea due to the fuz beyond 400m you can't see squat with the drones.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Yes, as the range increases the signal strength decreases. Don't go beyond 499m or you'll lose the signal and have to swim out an pick the drone up manually.
  • Carl_BarCarl_Bar Join Date: 2017-02-03 Member: 227560Members
    We know that DuH! The point is the usable range of the drones due to the fuzz is rather a good bit less than the maximum range.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Carl_Bar wrote: »
    We know that DuH! The point is the usable range of the drones due to the fuzz is rather a good bit less than the maximum range.

Nonsense. Yes the screen gets fuzzy but you can still make plenty out what is about you albeit not a crystal sharp image.
  • AbderianAbderian delhi Join Date: 2019-09-04 Member: 254583Members
    You can get the drones upgraded in the modification center for more distance or range.
  • mrgrtt123mrgrtt123 NONE Join Date: 2019-11-04 Member: 255287Members
    If you are planning to take an aerial shot then it can be helpful but nonetheless, I feel like that's the only purpose of drones.
  • masterofyeetmasterofyeet Join Date: 2019-11-25 Member: 255903Members
    edited November 2019
    They are used to find mertals you cant like if you select salvage they guna scan that and you find one as a crama drone just folo the carma drone's beacon and you fot the metarl you were looking for,its also a free beacon
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    edited November 2019
    Agreed yeet, drones are nice for marking where resources are, if the player lacks materials for HUD upgrade chip. That's the only time I ever use it.