Can't publish

LyDDaLyDDa Join Date: 2014-05-21 Member: 196162Members
Hey guys,

I need your help. Since the newest update of NS2, I'm not able to publish my map. I get always this: "Publish Failed: Unknown error when publishing Mod (error code: 25)"

PLZ help :)

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited January 2017
    Hi,

I have the same issue with a few of my mods, which i can't update anymore due to error 25 since Friday.

So far Valve seems to be aware of the issue and is working on fixing it. Sadly there are no more detail available at this point.
  • LyDDaLyDDa Join Date: 2014-05-21 Member: 196162Members
    Ok. Thank you for your quick answer.

So... lets wait and see whats gonna happen...
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    The issue seems to be resolved now.
    Yes, it did... :D
    But now, after some uses I am not able to start the Launchpad.exe anymore.
    I already sent an email to UnknownWorlds with my data. I hope they can help.

Another question. Is it possible to publish without the launchpad?
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Publishing without launch pad isn't possible. Have you tried verifying your files on steam? I notice quite often after a new patch comes out, some of the tool executables just don't come in from steam... not sure why that is, but verifying fixes it.
    The first thing I tried. I also removed the game and installed it again. Both didnt help.
    The problem occured when I was renaming the folder of my project. Launchpad crushed and I had to close it by Task-Manager.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    If you have your TechSupport.zip data, please send it to me, ghoul, or post it in the thread here.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2017
    I can't see anything in those logs that would cause an issue apart from using a HD3000 on board graphics chip, but that should be problems with editor or game, not launchpad.

Have you tried deleting the %appdata%\Natural Selection 2\ folder and then verify integrity of steam files? It's often a profile issue with these kinds of things.
    Thank you very much for your help, all of you. It works again :)
    Soul_Rider was on the right way. I deleted, in the folder you mentioned before, the Launchpad directory.