The ENDING of Subnautica

mimiguy2mimiguy2 United States Join Date: 2016-07-20 Member: 220458Members
I think, when the Sunbeam lands (after you disable the Array) Avery Quinn walk out to meet you, and he looks around for a bit, but then he gets the Carar. And a warper detects it, Enables the Array, and when you (the player) looks out a window, you see the gun fire up and shoot, then everything goes black, to the credits (you don't have to add me to the credits).

Comments

• mimiguy2mimiguy2 United States Join Date: 2016-07-20 Member: 220458Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    About the whole gun thing. I mean it is their gun, so obviously they have remote control over it using encrypted codes ;) And it probably has ship signal recognition software. I'm more curious about the amount of guns on the planet. I mean one gun can only cover a certain side of the planet, unless it's projectile can maneuver and it can actually scan around the entire planet for incoming ships (satellite relays)

I found this on Another forum and so that means the Precursors can 100% shoot down the sunbeam if it's leaving with the Carar.
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    But the carar is a liquid transmitted bacterium. Unless Avery has a taste for peeper flesh or salt water, he's not going to get infected.
  • yungmewyungmew United States, California Join Date: 2016-12-24 Member: 225432Members
    Devs have blacklisted the enzyme cure ball EXPLICITLY to prevent you from shutting the array down before the Sunbeam lands.
    They're supposed to die.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    edited January 2017
    You will have to craft a seamoth, craft the PRAWN craft the MK3 so the prawn can go the deepest is can go, find the disease reaschear facility key. Explore it. Find the primary facility key. Go to the primary facility base. Collect flora from various biomes so you can craft the hatching enzymes. Hatch the eggs. Get cured. Go inside the gun and disable it. Before the sunbeam comes. Aka that would be impossible.
  • 999Antonio3849999Antonio3849 Emperor Aquarium Join Date: 2016-10-23 Member: 223324Members
    they probably will have the Array shoot down the sunbeam no matter what
    But the carar is a liquid transmitted bacterium. Unless Avery has a taste for peeper flesh or salt water, he's not going to get infected.

People get hungry
    You will have to craft a seamoth, craft the PRAWN craft the MK3 so the prawn can go the deepest is can go, find the disease reaschear facility key. Explore it. Find the primary facility key. Go to the primary facility base. Collect flora from various biomes so you can craft the hatching enzymes. Hatch the eggs. Get cured. Go inside the gun and disable it. Before the sunbeam comes. Aka that would be impossible.

Unless you're a speed runer.
  • SaladExistsSaladExists Canada Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219747Members
    Well, i dont think warpers have the ability to clearly walk on land and go right up to the control room and enable it. And the warper doesnt detect the carar. they kill who has it.
  • SaladExistsSaladExists Canada Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219747Members
    edited January 2017

Thats possible. You enable the sunbeam event. You could just not trigger the event until the gun is disabled. Then you can trigger the event. And thats how to easily beat subnautica, ladies and gentlemen.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    okay but there will be no point of saving it. If you do "save" it. The sunbeam won't be in the ending. Also they might change it so it will come anyway even without checking it.
    Also if you do disable the gun. And then start the sunbeam event. It will still be shot down even though the gun is disabled. Because the game has no animation or cutscene for it landing safely only one for it being shot down. The game is programmed to play the sunbeam getting shot down cutscene when the timer ends. It doesn't check if the gun is active or not. So unless they add a cutscene for it to land safely it wouldn't be possible to save the sunbeam after starting the sunbeam event.
    Just learned the Devs will make the player beat Subnautica by making a rocket AFTER disabling the Gun/Array/whatever they call it now. *sad music plays*
  • Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    edited February 2017
    ... Yes? And?

Um, saving the Sunbeam was never in the cards.

Edit: Or at least, to my understanding, there was never planned to be a way for the Sunbeam to survive.