My idea for nuclear waste (EVEN AFTER COFFEE UPDATE)

Eddie894Eddie894 United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-10-27 Member: 208795Members
Hi all,

So woopie, we can now get rid of extra inventory clutter by building a trash can and dumping it in there. But it seems the two trash cans can only rid you of different things. One can incinerate almost everything except for nuclear waste, the other, can get rid of that nuclear waste.

But now onto my suggestion:

A nuclear waste processing machine.

In terms of construction - An interior snap module, working like base reinforcements or a water filter. Snaps onto a wall, on the inside or outside (Haven't decided which) of your magnificent seabase.

In terms of use - You know those nuclear reactor rods... yea those deadly ones? The ones that you have to store somewhere or *il*legally dump it in the sea? (what next, fracking? :) ) Well now you can stick those depleted reactor rods into this machine (2 at a time) and be rid of the curse of nuclear waste - or just recycle them. Once the recycle process is complete, when you enter the machine inventory, you get your titanium back, you get your lead back, but not the uranium. Maybe, by chance (or by upgrade) you get one, or two (but never three) urininite crystals. But by relatively low chance.

BUT EDWARD, WHAT ABOUT THAT BIN THAT ONLY CONSUMES SPENT FUEL?

Make it into a regular trash can. I prefer it over the one anyway :3

Just thought of this idea about 248 seconds ago.

Feel free to criticize my idea in the feedback section :)

Eddie894

Comments

• SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    I like the idea of recycling things that already have been built, but why limit it to reactor rods? Let's just have a recycling machine that gives back a majority of its ingredients, or rarely all ingredients.
  • Eddie894Eddie894 United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-10-27 Member: 208795Members
    Skope wrote: »
    I like the idea of recycling things that already have been built, but why limit it to reactor rods? Let's just have a recycling machine that gives back a majority of its ingredients, or rarely all ingredients.

Nice thinking. Maybe keep the reactor rod processor limited to... reactor rods, but maybe another machine that can do what you suggested? A kind of 'defabricator'!

Refunds all basic materials, most mid level and sometimes rare ones!