Alien world vehicle/building textures

agravicvoidagravicvoid USA Join Date: 2017-01-25 Member: 227240Members
I had a thought when I read about the chelonian hull reinforcement. the wiki states that it is "built using advanced Reefback chelonian cellular structure", so why should it look like the Aurora? All the tech the human makes is sleek and shiny. But if you are using an alien to build a stronger ship, shouldn't the ship look more...alien? more organic?. I think there should either be two types of titanium or two different metals altogether. The titanium from metal scrap from the Aurora, and the other from the planet's natural sources. As I see it, the fabricator uses the resources given to create objects, so based on the origin of the resource, I feel like it should look different. It just seems to make sense that if your using the cell structure of a reefback for a submarine, that the sub would take on certain aspects of the reefback. This goes for bases as well. Using natural sources could create unique alien looking bases, while using metal scrap from the Aurora would create standard looking bases. For the sub, I can even see a downside to using reefback DNA, is that it slows the ship down because stuff grows on it :D

Comments