Enemies too easy to avoid!?

UNihORNUNihORN Join Date: 2013-07-20 Member: 186228Members
edited January 2017 in Ideas and Suggestions
hi,

I have played 9 hours so far and didn't die at all yet. In fact, the only enemy which managed to hurt me were those little crawlies on the island where the cannon is. I encountered my first reaper leviathan at the aurora yesterday but the only thing I had to do was swimming away while the RL simply went on minding his own business and chewing on one of those sand sharks :D . I understand that the RL is the most dangerous enemy in the game?

So yeah, when I started playing I was quite terrified to go out exploring but now all those bigger fish are just wildlife to me which can be easily ignored if you mind what you are doing and keep your distance!

I would like higher aggro range for the really nasty stuff like RL before they completely lose their reputation! Furthermore, it would be cool if RL and similar enemies do more exploring rather than being stationary (I did some research after the RL I saw ignored my presence). This could be ofc part of the hardcore mode if that isn't the case alrdy? It also increases replay value when you don't really know where the real threats are.

I was playing survival mode for 9 hour and the only thing which caught me by surprise was that my lifepod suddenly drifted off far far away from the aurora which was admittedly very cinematic when suddenly a msg appeared saying that multiple leviathan lifesigns were spotted, are you sure it is worth it?

Subnautica is still a very cool game and recommended by me on steam so please don't take what I said the wrong way. I want RL to chase me when they spot me. Or maybe make them unpredictable where sometimes they just hang out before they suddenly turn around to murder you :D In Ark Survival Evolved enemies can bite and drag you with them now.

Comments

• 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    They're supposed to be easy to avoid.
    This isn't a game about combat.
  • UNihORNUNihORN Join Date: 2013-07-20 Member: 186228Members
    edited January 2017
    Well, they could at least make them chase you a little harder so that you might wanna take shelter in a tunnel or something until they lose interest. I mean, I should probably play hardcore mode cause survival is apparently too easy for me..
  • HectorroseHectorrose Join Date: 2016-10-16 Member: 223161Members
    I agree with unihorn
  • RayVermilionRayVermilion Join Date: 2017-01-15 Member: 226735Members
    I think they could implement different difficulties after they have finished the bugfixing and the story stuff.
    Like a higher damage output from enemies, a greater aggro range, etc.
    I like it how it is, but I can also understand, why some people are considering the difficult at the moment, as too low.
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    It's about exploration, but it's also about scaring you, and making you wonder. If you see the little fin in the sand as a new player you might get closer to investigate and the sandshark comes out and attacks you. And you see a biter, and you get closer and it attacks, and you see a Boneshark and you investigate and it attacks.

I think that's what they're going for.