Bug - jumping out of hive delays M1 attack

Deck_Deck_ Join Date: 2014-07-20 Member: 197526Members
Anyone else get this? Seems like if I jump out of the hive (might happen from command station too) seems like sometimes my M1 attack doesn't work right away and is delayed. Perhaps I'm wrong, but can anyone see if this happens to them?

Comments

• KeatsKeats United States Join Date: 2014-11-04 Member: 199413Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I could not replicate this bug for any lifeform or marines. I did notice that if you log out by clicking the logout button, and then press M1 too quickly (so that you're pressing it while still in commander view), this click will not transfer to first person and you will not fire. You have to basically double click for this to happen though; the commander overview disappears so fast that I've never noticed this before. If you logout via console this issue does not happen. You can actually hold down M1 while still in commander view, logout via console (with a bind or by continuing to hold M1 while you have the console open), and fire immediately upon leaving the CC/hive. The game will also remember that click, so if you re-enter the CC/hive you will be highlighting things until you click again.
  • Deck_Deck_ Join Date: 2014-07-20 Member: 197526Members
    Keats wrote: »
    I could not replicate this bug for any lifeform or marines. I did notice that if you log out by clicking the logout button, and then press M1 too quickly (so that you're pressing it while still in commander view), this click will not transfer to first person and you will not fire. You have to basically double click for this to happen though; the commander overview disappears so fast that I've never noticed this before. If you logout via console this issue does not happen. You can actually hold down M1 while still in commander view, logout via console (with a bind or by continuing to hold M1 while you have the console open), and fire immediately upon leaving the CC/hive. The game will also remember that click, so if you re-enter the CC/hive you will be highlighting things until you click again.

Thanks. So basically you're saying I might be double clicking and that's what is causing it. I'll look into that, still a weird thing though. Probably could be looked into but I'll keep that in mind.
  • KeatsKeats United States Join Date: 2014-11-04 Member: 199413Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Necro because another user just reported this bug to me. If anyone knows how to reproduce it, please comment here.
  • Deck_Deck_ Join Date: 2014-07-20 Member: 197526Members
    edited January 2017
    It seems like it happens to me a lot when I first log out on marines or aliens, it's like the first time I click M1, it doesn't work. Or if you hold it, it doesn't work for a couple seconds or so.
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I've had this bug forever, to the point that I jump in with pistol and jump out by switching to lmg right away.
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
    edited January 2017
    I also have this bug. After jumping out of chair/hive, my first attack is not registered.
    It also happens all the time, not just ad-hoc, how may I help track it down?