Extreme Lag

wraith42wraith42 Canada Join Date: 2017-01-04 Member: 226065Members
Hey guys,

I purchased this game on Xbox One because I wasn't having luck with it on my PC. I did the free preview before purchasing and the game worked just fine, and it worked ("worked" meaning I had a pretty good framerate) fine for a few hours after purchasing. However the next day, upon trying to load my Survival game, the framerate drastically declined to the point where I now can't even play it (I.e. it took 3-5 seconds to switch between tools in quick slot and it's impossible to accomplish simple tasks). I don't know if this is relevant but when I paid attention to the loading screen, the process seemed to stutter and slow down around when it was loading the Cyclops.

By reading other discussions and forums I can see that framerate has been a very common issue that still needs work, but I purchased the game because it worked perfectly during the free preview. Now I can't even play the game becuse the lag is so awful.

I have tried hard restarts multiple times to no avail and I have my console on Energy Saving mode, so i'm at a loss as to how im supposed to fix this problem. My other games seem to be unaffected, as well. If anyone has anymore suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• TitanismTitanism Join Date: 2016-12-24 Member: 225458Members
    Try to download the January update that came out tonight. The framerate is still an issue but it is now more playable than the previous version. The lag appears to mainly occur now when swimming on or near the surface or when swimming near large moving creatures.
  • GRAW2ROBZGRAW2ROBZ Join Date: 2016-12-23 Member: 225373Members
    How is the lag? I'm downloading update now. Can we chop rocks and pick stuff up instantly or do we still have to mash on the "A" button like a mad man yet to grab materials yet?
  • bigjimbo84bigjimbo84 Leeds, England Join Date: 2017-01-01 Member: 225876Members
    FPS so far is roughly about 20 for me, I'm only 2 hours in but its way more playable even at my base..... Will see once I have the seamoth etc... Oh terrain loads abit faster too.