Getting started Subnautica Leauge Requirements(For cory<3)

BiteyBitey Join Date: 2012-05-06 Member: 151622Members, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester
Who needs information, lets get the ball rolling bright and early. First lets get the rounds balanced on a best of 3 format, set the time limit at 1 hour maximum per game. We can do 1v1 treasure races, or even race to the bottom(Or top). Competitive fish documenting see who can track, tag, and monitor the most fishes in a sector of the ocean. You could even try ocean defender mod, where you try to help protestors who are complaining about a new oil ridge in deep water drilling Non-violent of course. It's all theoretical, but this game has so much potential to become the first and only UnderWater ESPORTS with new most refreshing of gameplay.

On the visual end lets just tame this right now, remember how many complaints we had about on-screen effects in ns2? We're just going to stop that right now, first and foremost. No bubbles, this isn't my bathroom with bubble-mix, bubbles are just a sign of pure unneeded visual clutter. No schools of fish, they're obtrusive, sure they look pretty but I mean when you're trying to find that treasure and you've got a shimmering ball of fish swirling around how can you stay focused? No volcanic vents, they're basically permanent smoke bombs, just look at the footage from the discovery channel. Watch out for any kind of light shimmering, we all know light does some weird things in water, but that just costs too much performance don't even bother with that. Don't make things reflection, when I open the treasure box I don't want to be blinded because my flashlight was on. And please, lets just keep the sea floor clean. No green, no colors, just that nice bottom of the ocean grey.

Also, another topic lets keep the setups balanced. I dont want to have to grind and do research expeditions for 40 hours before I can get the Titan 5Xp motors for my submarine. That's just not fair, if I'm a really skilled sub-pilot captain I should have an option to join the big ocean leagues quickly. Also make sure we balance the high rated Lumens lights, with the energy efficient LED ones, I'd rather not be at a disadvantage for using my favored lighting setup. Also make sure to include an option to skip the local pool tutorial. Sometimes you just need to dive deep, and see if you cam swim(BaDum-Chink).

UNDERWATER SMOKEBOMB:youtube.com/watch?v=XRHm9HPe1BQ

Comments

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    What's a leauge? Some sort of vegetable? :)
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    I'm pretty sure this is not serious?

• joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited November 2013

._.

Do you have to ask that? lol
  • NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Of course its not serious. Its Bitey lol
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited November 2013

What gives you that impression? This is very serious.

bah you ruined it people
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Sorry guys, but this was very hard to interpret for me...
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    Only if the fish swims away when you get close, COD:Ghost style!
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    GISP wrote: »
    Only if the fish swims away when you get close, COD:Ghost style!

Forget that. I want fish that attack! Fill the ocean with Piranhas!
    Don't worry, Bitey, there will be a competitive option that lets you turn off all the graphics in the game so as not to interfere with gameplay, and makes it a text based game. Players can really let their skills shine, through their typing abilities. Accuracy in game will be based around a combination of touch sensitive key pressing, and the speed with which players can wiggle their mouse back and forth. There will be movement based abilities exploiting a variety of abstract game mechanics and bugs in the code, that likely only about 4 to 5 elite players will ever be able to pull off.

In competitive mode, players will experience a smooth framerate experience of anywhere from 60 FPS up to 25,000 FPS.

LOL I want to give you another awesome ;)
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2013
    Don't worry, Bitey, there will be a competitive option that lets you turn off all the graphics in the game so as not to interfere with gameplay, and makes it a text based game. Players can really let their skills shine, through their typing abilities. Accuracy in game will be based around a combination of touch sensitive key pressing, and the speed with which players can wiggle their mouse back and forth. There will be movement based abilities exploiting a variety of abstract game mechanics and bugs in the code, that likely only about 4 to 5 elite players will ever be able to pull off.

In competitive mode, players will experience a smooth framerate experience of anywhere from 60 FPS up to 25,000 FPS.

Ugh, ATI brought out ASCII mode way back in 2003 (or something) already

asciihl21tl.jpg
  • NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    25,000 fps? Sheeeeiit
  • MaddokMaddok Seattle, WA Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 8049Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Why did I instantly pick out the three letter word on the top of the left arm of the red cross?
  • KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    This sounds awesome, guess i need to call the guys.... sign us up for the first season!
  • Dictator93Dictator93 Join Date: 2008-12-21 Member: 65833Members, Reinforced - Shadow

I spit up my food while reading this.
  • MaddokMaddok Seattle, WA Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 8049Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    and the speed with which players can wiggle their mouse back and forth.
    Nuggets of truth in lies and slander!
  • BalmarkBalmark Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3476Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Already have plans in motion for a marine v tuna mod ..
  • LachdananLachdanan Join Date: 2003-06-04 Member: 16995Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Onos
    The little grain of salt that ol Bitey did put into the wounds of truth.
    Just because we are underwater you don´t need to slap seaweed every 4seconds in our face. Thanks.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    25000 FPS seems very low for a text-mode, although I'd admit that even my furious typing probably wouldn't be able to keep up at those speeds.
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Lachdanan wrote: »
    The little grain of salt that ol Bitey did put into the wounds of truth.
    Just because we are underwater you don´t need to slap seaweed every 4seconds in our face. Thanks.

Unless the seaweed is for map balance. Free floating random seeweed would be a big nono though.
    You better don't make that seaweed range bigger than it's physical size...
  • zbott105zbott105 Join Date: 2017-01-02 Member: 225902Members