Would you like multiplayer to be added

SnowballSniperSnowballSniper Join Date: 2016-12-02 Member: 224443Members
Read this before you go and click the dislike button and start hating on the original poster. Like all those other members who suggested multiplayer.

I know multiplayer is not going to be added anytime soon. I just want to know how many members would like multiplayer To be added.

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215139Members
    There is already a sticky that deals with whether Subnautica adds multiplayer or not. That said, I expect if multiplayer gets added, then it would be Subnautica Together similar to Don't Starve Together. A completely new game that has multiplayer instead of a patch to Subnautica that adds multiplayer.
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    Why must we go over this again?
  • SnowballSniperSnowballSniper Join Date: 2016-12-02 Member: 224443Members
    edited January 2017
    Why must we go over this again?
    starkaos wrote: »
    There is already a sticky that deals with whether Subnautica adds multiplayer or not. That said, I expect if multiplayer gets added, then it would be Subnautica Together similar to Don't Starve Together. A completely new game that has multiplayer instead of a patch to Subnautica that adds multiplayer.

I guess both of you didn't read the description.

I know multiplayer is not going to be added. I just want to know how many people would like it if multiplayer was added.
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    Of course we read it.
    edited January 2017
    Of course we read it.

With your "Why must we go over this again?" comment, it tells me that you didn't read anything.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Of course we read it.

With your "Why must we go over this again?" comment, it tells me that you didn't read anything.

His point is that it literally does not matter how many people want it. It's not going to happen.
    What in God's holy name are you blathering about? I read it, and we've dealt with why multiplayer won't be added, we've dealt with who wants it, who doesn't want it, we've dealt with what it would take to implement, with would it be worth it, we've dealt with everything. Multiple times. Maybe if you read archives and realised there are many threads dealing with this already you'd understand how inane this is.

So I ask you again, why must we go over this again?
    Of course we read it.

His point is that it literally does not matter how many people want it. It's not going to happen.

I'm just curious of how many people wanted multiplayer. This thread is not about bringing multiplayer to subnautica.
    And I'm telling you we've already discussed "how many people want multiplayer"... like, a dozen times.

So why are we doing it again? And what does it matter?
    What in God's holy name are you blathering about? I read it, and we've dealt with why multiplayer won't be added, we've dealt with who wants it, who doesn't want it, we've dealt with what it would take to implement, with would it be worth it, we've dealt with everything. Multiple times. Maybe if you read archives and realised there are many threads dealing with this already you'd understand how inane this is.

So I ask you again, why must we go over this again?
    You need to calm down. I will not put up with you snapping at me so I've muted you.

Next time speak to me more politely and I will explain to you why I made this topic.
    https://w2.countingdownto.com/1652153
    edited January 2017
    Don't be silly and just tell us why we should go over it again. I was perfectly polite but you offended me; I don't appreciate being told I haven't read something when I obviously have, just because you don't like people questioning you. If you have a valid point, then let's hear it.
    Getting back on topic. If multiplayer was added what would you like it to be like.
  • HiSaZuLHiSaZuL N.Y. Join Date: 2016-11-11 Member: 223803Members
    That should have been your topic to begin with, if all you wanted to discuss was the form and how it would tie into Subnautica 2 or some far away update that would be a different story. At the very least people wouldn't be able to legitimately accuse you of beating a dead horse with a dead horse in an attempt to start a flame war.

If the game sells well and UWE has desire to keep at it, I actually think they are capable of not screwing it up. They are stubborn about some weird things but in general they do listen to feedback while not mindlessly following it, which is good. From current generation of Minecraft legacy the only form that I didn't mind personally was basically the way Minecraft did it. Co-op with nothing changing between single and co-op, no lame difficulties no obnoxious grind walls etc.

Still, the big thing is that this game needs to be commercially successful, after that it's up to UWE.
  • FluffersFluffers United States Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204749Members

I know multiplayer is not going to be added anytime soon.

Or ever.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    There's no chance of it right now. Or ever by UWE.

But I still hold the hope in my heart that another company will help them out, and do it for them.

Kinda like Don't Starve Together. But even then, chances are that it won't happen.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    I have voted No, as I think seeing other players in the game would spoil the marooned atmosphere. I like the feeling of being here all alone. Multiplayer would contradict the gameplay and storyline.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    NO

And stop asking...
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    Every time someone asks about multiplayer, obraxis dies a little more inside.
    afc22ss3numn.jpg
  • zbott105zbott105 Join Date: 2017-01-02 Member: 225902Members
    Rainstorm wrote: »
    @SnowballSniper

You knew very well that the Devs (explicitely @Flayra ) said there wont be any multiplayer for this game yet you bring this topic up anyway. Doesnt matter wether or not its a simple question you're asking the community since everyone and their mother gave their opinion on this already, all you have to do is type in Multiplayer in the search engine and spend the next Lifetime reading on this.

Bringing this up once more will irritate everyone for different reasons:

1-Those that dont want Multiplayer will get angry because its been officially stated there there wouldnt be any, why bring this up again?

2-Those that do want multiplayer will get angry because it hurts to hear about this being brought up constantly, even its been officially said that there never would be any.

So, stop bringing this up over and over ok? If you seriously didnt knew it would end up in a flaming war speaking about this topic again then youre either an ignorant or a real idiot imo.
    Please stop harassing the original poster.
    edited January 2017
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    NO

And stop asking...
    New subnautica tag line.

SUBNAUTICA

STOP ASKING ABOUT THE BLOODY MULTIPLAYER

You do realize I'm not asking for multiplayer. Right?
  • rifleman245294rifleman245294 Join Date: 2017-01-02 Member: 225900Members
    edited January 2017
    Leoxide wrote: »
    Jeez, some of you guys really need to calm down a notch.. there's so much hostility on a simple game forum and its not needed at all..

What the guy is asking (yes EnglishInfidel, i know you understand) is that if there ever actually was multiplayer, like, if it was going to be implemented into SN right now, but needed confirmation from the fans on whether they want it added, what would you say?

IMO I'd really like multiplayer if we ever got the chance, but unfortunately there's very little chance now...

Why dose the community act like this?
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited January 2017
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    NO

And stop asking...
    New subnautica tag line.

SUBNAUTICA

STOP ASKING ABOUT THE BLOODY MULTIPLAYER

But you're bringing up a topic that only causes consternation and grief for seemingly no reason other than to be a TROLL.

There is absolutely no reason to make another thread about this topic because there is already a very long one that shows perfectly well who does and does not want Multiplayer in the game and is also pinned to the top of the forums.

You could have just as well put this poll in that thread, where folks who actually care could have answered.

But no, you had to boost your EGO by causing a lot of nonsense and stir thing up.

Yeah, they realise.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    edited January 2017
    Leoxide wrote: »
    Jeez, some of you guys really need to calm down a notch.. there's so much hostility on a simple game forum and its not needed at all..

What the guy is asking (yes EnglishInfidel, i know you understand) is that if there ever actually was multiplayer, like, if it was going to be implemented into SN right now, but needed confirmation from the fans on whether they want it added, what would you say?

IMO I'd really like multiplayer if we ever got the chance, but unfortunately there's very little chance now...

Why dose the community act like this?

Its quite simple why.

short answer: Theres been like 12 polls like his just in the past year, why the need to make another one ....

Long answer: Those that gets irritated profoundly are the ones that are around for a long while and knows that this horse has been dead for a millenia now. Its been tortured, killed, resurected, re-tortured, re-killed and what remains of it is now exposed in the -- Halls Of Those Subjects thats been Discussed in such great lengths that we would fill 100 aurora's full cargo bays --

thats why :frowning:

And for those that are new a simple search of the word Multiplayer will net you all the infos you need on the subject and much much more .....

I mean, someone new, that has no idea about the matter and bring this up innocently i can live with. But someone that knows exactly what he's doing when bringing this subject up that has already been brought up God only knows how many times before, im sorry but i had to say something. It came out blunt but i'll live with it.

Also, @phantomfinch , hope you dont mind if i borrow your comment cuz that made me smile :) if you do mind just tell me ill bring it down :smiley:

• VoqarVoqar Join Date: 2017-01-01 Member: 225844Members
    Seems kind of sad that some vote "no" just to be...trollish at best? I doubt there's bonus cookies for sucking up.

While it seems pretty clear there will be no co-op (I specify that kind of MP since I have zero interest in any more grief-oriented PvP in these types of games), I absolutely wish this game had been made co-op from the beginning, and it ALWAYS boggles my mind that anybody makes survival type games that don't have co-op in from the ground up, and especially boggles my mind with this since these devs aren't exactly rookies. In the few survival type games I've played that didn't have co-op it was always among the most requested features. But it's not like they knew how awesome the game would be when they dreamed it up, I guess.

I generally find that playing these kinds of games co-op is vastly superior to playing them solo, but I have a group of friends to play with - and it's nowhere near as cool to all be playing thru this solo and only share our stories thru voice chat. Still a great game worth playing, just not as awesome (for us) as it could be.

So, my wish is that they get this game wrapped up and ideally move on to a Subnautica 2, bigger, badder, with co-op and randomly generated content (or I'll be interested in whatever they choose to do next since the quality of Subnautica is so impressive). Me and my crew will only ever get so much replay out of static map/content anyways (ie, if the map was randomly generated it would be so much better (and I read they tried it and it didn't work out)).
This discussion has been closed.