I'm ready to beat up the culinary limitations!

BrieyaBrieya Las Vegas, NV Join Date: 2015-06-12 Member: 205419Members
We have an island, but we are not harvesting off of it as of yet. Which doesn't make sense. Setting up a way to find a type of wheat or other starches to make more complete meals would be fantastic. Farming and making our own sushi, steamed up roots with fish, and a number of other things would be yummy. Being able to make other types of drinks would be great! Yes, I was thinking things along the line of juices, wines, mead, etc. Raising alien bees for a sugar source, etc. Finding spices, things to season with, even making fermented foods to increase pro-biotics! I can live without having a bed, well not really, but you get the idea. I am amazed more has not been put into the food preparation options. What about medicines for when our avatar becomes ill? Other forms of healing besides a simple first aid kit? Anti-venom, and so forth?

I know it is asking a lot in coding, art icons, and more. For all I know, you have some ideas on the dry board, and it just has not hit the creator's pool as of yet. Please know I'm pretty certain our avatar is going insane from the limit cuisine, and is suffering from major malnutrition.

Comments

• Astropig_gamerAstropig_gamer USA Join Date: 2015-08-31 Member: 207625Members
    This is a game about survival hunting and gathering having farms would just make it too easy
  • BrieyaBrieya Las Vegas, NV Join Date: 2015-06-12 Member: 205419Members
    And yet, as of August, we have fruits and veggies. Now, we just need a way to make those yummy food bars, and perhaps, a few adapted food combinations from the replicator. We are getting there!
  • smellslikebleachsmellslikebleach Join Date: 2016-12-22 Member: 225337Members
    Crafable Nutrient Blocks out of fish / vegetables whould be cool.
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    Anything alcoholic is probably a no-go with a E10+ aim and while I can get behind a slight upgrade in health management, with five bars to manage already we are already pretty occupied.

A cuisine card was part of the Development section on Trello, but it was removed along with all other non-immediate cards a few weeks ago. Doesn't mean the plan is cancelled, but it always was post-V1.0 material so the removal just confirms that. Maybe in a year from now?
  • BrieyaBrieya Las Vegas, NV Join Date: 2015-06-12 Member: 205419Members
    Yah, I was trying to figure out where the Degassi crew found alcohol to drink and have all over their abandoned bases. There isn't anything as of yet, and if memory serves me right, you need a sugary starch to ferment.
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    Chinese potatoes are a starch. Lantern fruit is probably a sugar as well as the liquid stuff from the bulb ao trees. I would like a use for the grub basket, speckled rattlers, and other decorative plants on the island.
  • smellslikebleachsmellslikebleach Join Date: 2016-12-22 Member: 225337Members
    There should be more eatable plants / mushrooms in the game.
    Maybe some of them gets you a lot of water and food but removes some health.
  • DominantReverseDominantReverse North Yorkshire, UK Join Date: 2016-12-29 Member: 225698Members
    Culinary advances are nice. Possibly reduce raw material food values so that you're forced to make bigger meals, or add subtle buffs/debuffs for eating/not eating types of food respectively
  • cloudsodacloudsoda Los Angeles Join Date: 2016-12-10 Member: 224769Members
    If you could reap some carrageenan-type stuff from the creepvine, you could use it to make stuff like thickeners for gels (maybe medical gel?) and desserts. :D Marblemelon pudding, anyone?