New Biome: The Bubble

Underwater_SpongeUnderwater_Sponge Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222114Members
edited September 2016 in Ideas and Suggestions
Basic Description:This biome would be an underwater cave, filled with an air bubble that is constantly regenerated by a plant with the same or a similar function as the Purple Brain Coral, wich would be found everywhere on the ground. The Bubble would be located under the Dunes, the location possibly being hinted to by air escaping the Bubble Zone trough the ceiling, and coming out of the ground of the Dunes as air bubbles. I'd imagine the low risk of drowning in the Bubble Zone to be balanced out by a low amount of recourses, or dangerous creatures. It could also be balanced out by low visibility in the water due to algae.

Flora: As mentioned, I would imagine this biome to be filled with a plant similar to the Purple Brain Coral. I also imagine the walls to be green from moss, and the water surface also be green from the aformentioned algea.

Fauna: I absolutely LOVE the idea of the creatures in the Bubble Zone being either amphibious, like frogs (and having the breathe the air), mammals like dolphins (Also having to breath) or water reptillians like turtles (Breathing). Think about it, it would just fit perfectly!

Extra Info: I did not come up with all this on my own. This idea originated on the wikia, and the people who helped me carve this biome idea into how it is portrayed here will be thanked on the bottom of the draft.

Suggestions:
-Decorative crystals that color the cave in beautifull colors.
-Special Flora, that is unique to the biome, possibly a mix between flora found on the islands and underwater flora.

A thanks to the guy (or gal) who helped me come up with this idea (named by his (or her) wikia account name): Saltywhale2

EDIT:
-New Idea: Nests for reptillians, containing a few small eggs. If you steal an egg, all animals of the species who's eggs you stole will attack you.

Comments

• SigmalxSigmalx USA Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220132Members
    Algae would more likely not want to form here, due to high oxygen content. But it could definitely happen with anaerobic coral pumping out oxygen
  • ZurloxZurlox Florida Join Date: 2016-01-26 Member: 212149Members
    edited September 2016
    Wow, this is a great idea, it would be amazing to see that implemented in-game. Maybe some animals could lay their eggs on the land, like turtles, and when they come of age, they swim into the ocean. But that would probably be hard to implement.
  • Underwater_SpongeUnderwater_Sponge Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222114Members
    Idea: A leviathan unique to the biome!
  • CaptagearCaptagear Join Date: 2016-08-28 Member: 221804Members
    Idea: A leviathan unique to the biome!

Oh no, please no, no, no!
    Could be a giant algae critter that roams the biome
  • WarmindWarmind Connecticut Join Date: 2016-04-13 Member: 215710Members
    Other than Algae, I could see this working. I especially love the idea of this being hidden beneath the sands of the dunes. I think Algae wouldn't work here, but it should be hard to find, and filled with life. An oasis in the deserts.
    Imagine a small protected cave system that's got enough oxygen, materials, and food to sustain a rich biotic haven. Most plants only need sunlight, however chemically adept ones can become aphotic lik misses and molds, and some strains of algae. This algae could be bioluminescent and attract fishes into it, with warm enough water, this community could be held strong.
  • Underwater_SpongeUnderwater_Sponge Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222114Members
    NEW IDEA! The creatures feed on the coral, leaving some of the coral behind, causing some pieces of coral to be left behind, coloring the water in the same color as the coral due to tiny particles of the coral.
    Creature Idea: Bubbs: A medium sized swimming mamal, looking like a mix between a dolphin, a turtle and an eye-eye, having the dolphin's tail and fins, the turtle's shell, and a head being a mix of the eye-eye and turtle. The protective shell can be hit with a knife for Shell Sample, used to craft protective diving suits, as the shell is light; but extremely strong. The creature would be about as long as a stalker and as wide as a Crimson Ray. It could only be found in areas with air, so near the surface or caves with air bubbles. They'd come in pods, and if one gets attacked, the entire pod will attack the agressor. The biolumiscent parts of this animal would be in small cracks on the shell, wich color a bright red, and the eye(s) wich are also red.
    I'd think that the place should be designed to be hard to reach, maybe guarded by a type of Leviathan.
  • Number35Number35 Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224491Members