An Unexpected Suprise. (WARNING This Is Related To PETA. I Hate Peta.)

Julian1337331nailuJJulian1337331nailuJ The Grand Reef Gubtorial Election Or Something. Join Date: 2016-11-12 Member: 223824Members
So. PETA Has Not Even Thought About Attacking Subnautica. Great! But Wait. Do They Even Know What Subnautica Even Is Or Do They Just Not Count Animals That Originate From Other Planets As Animals?

Comments

• Julian1337331nailuJJulian1337331nailuJ The Grand Reef Gubtorial Election Or Something. Join Date: 2016-11-12 Member: 223824Members
    I'm Just Surprised About The Fact That PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) Has Not Created An Advertisement Or Something About Subnautica. How Did That Happen?
  • HYBRID1313HYBRID1313 Australia Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215179Members
    Mate, it's a video game. I think that organisation has 'better' things to do then attack an early access fictional game. The title is a little misleading :/
  • Julian1337331nailuJJulian1337331nailuJ The Grand Reef Gubtorial Election Or Something. Join Date: 2016-11-12 Member: 223824Members
    They Attack Pokémon. Plus They Murder Pets. And They Attack Farming Simulator.
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    They did make their own pokemon-esque game to illustrate how pokemon is abusive or some such nonsense, very pathetic.
    HYBRID1313 wrote: »
    I think that organisation has 'better' things to do then attack an early access fictional game.

You must be kidding.
    Honestly If PETA Takes Over The World Next Year I Will Steal A Space Suit Plus A Space Shuttle Just To Leave The Planet.
  • FluffersFluffers United States Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204749Members
    HYBRID1313 wrote: »
    Mate, it's a video game. I think that organisation has 'better' things to do then attack an early access fictional game. The title is a little misleading :/

They've attacked several video games. Pokemon, mario, digimon, they don't care.
  • HYBRID1313HYBRID1313 Australia Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215179Members
    Really? Wow they really DON'T have time to do anything better, that is hilarious. I now understand the post, sorry, should've researched before I posted :tongue:
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    It is entirely possible to play Subnautica without having to bring direct harm to an animal. The nutrient blocks and water in the starting storage are sufficient to cover the player until they can start farming produce, and there is no material that requires an animal to die. Even crashpowder, which is found following a fishy pop, is not gathered as a direct result from that pop...

...and now I'm curious to actually do a vegan run of Subnautica.

Quite a few of us managed it well before they introduced re-spawning of fish. We found we made the world a barren place after eating everything, so set out on new games to see if leaving the food chain alone was feasible.

You'll want to swim your ass off to an island to gather fruit ASAP.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    I'm still trying to figure out why one would waste their time capitalizing every word...

Only thing I can figure is it's a mental defect.

B)
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    edited December 2016
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    I'm still trying to figure out why one would waste their time capitalizing every word...

B)

I think he's just young and stubborn.

I bet that his teachers hate that combination.
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    DaveyNY wrote: »

B)

I was thinking a mind thing too, but dude, "defect"?! Not cool. Not cool at all.
    I'm 10 Years Old. And The Mental Defect Is My Intelligence. I Have Assburgers Syndrome.
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    Can't really blame you @HYBRID1313 for jumping to that conclusion. You would think such an organization would have their hands full just making sure pet owners are responsible and trying to improve the conditions at chicken farms and the like, but sadly they go after just about anything that rustles their jimmies instead of focusing on actual issues.
    They Mainly Kill Pets And Animals They Get. By Euthinization. Mass Murder. They Wish To Have Humans Vegan. They Think That Humans Are Herbivores. But Humans Are Omnivores.
    edited December 2016
    I'm 10 Years Old. And The Mental Defect Is My Intelligence. I Have Assburgers Syndrome.

Not sure if this is real or subtle humour.
    My younger brother has pretty severe Asperger Syndrome and he never used caps so liberally.

Any way, as far as spelling and grammar online goes, I'm willing to live with it. You have to pick your battles.
    Well Its Just My Style Of Typing.
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    edited December 2016

Not sure if this is real or subtle humour.
    My younger brother has pretty severe Asperger Syndrome and he never used caps so liberally.

Any way, as far as spelling and grammar online goes, I'm willing to live with it. You have to pick your battles.

You are aware that autism isn't a checklist of behaviors but a general trend of personal logic people with autism have in common? When I was a little younger than OP, I insisted on writing every noun with a capital because I'd been taught names were to be written with capitals, so I reasoned that, like, "table" is the name for that particular piece of furniture. It amused me to learn years later that Germans do write that way and that capitalization rules are regularly unclear for the same reasons they were unclear to me. I also had a time in which I insisted on writing a "j" after "ij" (ie, "blijj" instead of "blij" - Dutchie here) for convoluted memory reasons. So capitalizing every word, while I agree to be unpleasant to read, strikes me as very much an autism thing.

And for that matter, being (harshly) told time and time again that the way you prefer to do things is not good is really bad for your selfesteem. So if peeps could plz be a little more constructive rather than mobbish, that'd be nice.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited December 2016
    Or perhap uses a text converter :tongue: On topic, Subnautica probably isn't even on their radar...
    DrownedOut wrote: »
    You are aware that autism isn't a checklist of behaviors but a general trend of personal logic people with autism have in common?

Yeah, no kidding. I wasn't saying I didn't believe the dude, it just interests me the many ways it can manifest in different people. But it's hard to read my tonal infliction online.
    DrownedOut wrote: »
    told time and time again that the way you prefer to do things is not good is really bad for your selfesteem. So if peeps could plz be a little more constructive rather than mobbish, that'd be nice.

Yeah, no kidding.
    Believe me, it was seriously out of character for me to say "I'm willing to live with it. You have to pick your battles." I was getting a little frustrated by people berating the guy, too.
    Cut him some slack people.

Or else I'll start doing it too, then you'll see. You'll see.
  • Mr_EndarMr_Endar Join Date: 2016-03-05 Member: 213859Members
    PETA stands for People Eating Tasty Animals?
    I would attack Subnautica if I were them.
    Where is my Reaper steak?
    Why I can't bake Stalker?
  • MiralityMirality New Zealand Join Date: 2016-08-05 Member: 221004Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    i cOuLd Do ThAt To WiTh A tWiSt, WoUlD gIt AnNoYiN' rAtHeR qUiCk ThOuGh :trollface:
    [cough] homestuck [/cough]
  • awesomeguy101awesomeguy101 Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218886Members
    edited December 2016
    Honestly If PETA Takes Over The World Next Year I Will Steal A Space Suit Plus A Space Shuttle Just To Leave The Planet.
    I hope you have heavy weaponry because shuttle launch facilities are pretty secure.
    P.S. I am autistic and about the same age as you
  • GreybeardGreybeard USA Join Date: 2016-09-24 Member: 222538Members
    I've never understood why people care how other folks spell or type. It's not that big of a deal, at all. Even when the Internet got started, and people were referring to all CAPS as "yelling", I thought it was goofy. They're words. Even in text, short of an onomatopoeia, yelling is denoted with an exclamation point (which has now become multiple exclamations!!!!!). If one feels they're intelligent enough to try and promote correct grammar and typing rules, then I would reckon they're smart enough to decipher another persons writings. I mean, talk about first world problems.

While I Agree That This Is A Strange Way Of Typing, And One I've Seen Many Times In Many Places, IT DOESNT MATTER. ITS NOT THAT DIFFICULT TO READ, aNd, nObOdY iS bEiNg hUrT oR aFfEcTeD iN aNy rEaL wAy.

BUT... it is everyone's right to be outraged, offended, and bothered by every little thing these days, especially on the internetz. Perhaps, that means it's time for you to take a break from the web and go help out a kitchen feeding homeless folks.

Heck, evn ths way of typng can be easily sortd by your brain.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited December 2016
    If it were actually just a mentality thing I'd agree, but he has stated on a couple of occasions that it's his way of being "COOL", nothing more.

It was only in this thread that he actually claimed to have a "critical thinking" condition.

As I have already pointed out in another thread, his way of being "COOL" is mostly just annoying and he needs to at the very least, attempt to reevaluate that decision in the context of how he plans on interacting with others, for the rest of his life.

I'm sorry, I won't condone such silliness, but I will simply point out that being a "rebel" is fine and dandy, as long as one realizes that it usually won't get you very far in the "real" world.
    (unless you're Donald Trump, but based on his Tweets, even he somewhat realizes the importance of good grammar)

And that is a lesson well learned at any age, including ten.
    B)
  • GreybeardGreybeard USA Join Date: 2016-09-24 Member: 222538Members
    Just as I'm talking to a wall right now, and adults don't really care about anyone's opinion, but rather just having theirs heard, attempting to give advice to younger folks is... futile. I never listened, and I turned out okay. I have four young nieces who could all be happy, healthy, and rich, if only they had listened to their smart uncle who had already been through it all (rebel phase and all). Explaining how they're wasting their time with nonsense, and all the dyed hair, tats, and smoking is for nothing in the end. We all look back and chuckle at how goofy we were... such REBELS! Such identity! They'll figure it out, just like we did.

Aside from all that serious "life" talk...

if he's doing it to be a rebel, well, he seems to have succeeded, as it offended other folk's good sense and got their dander up, LOL.

But really, what's the point in my response, even? *shrug* Got me. Of course, if we want to get all existential, what's really the point in anything. As I read once: "what does it matter if anything matters? What does it mean if everything means nothing? 43, perhaps? Who know's. I like Subnautica, though. ;)
    I can honestly see it both ways and sympathise with each.

Being a huge fan of language, an avid reader, wanna-be aspiring writer, arrogant grammar-Nazi and someone who supports the spread of proper use of English whole heartedly it's hard for me to see bad usage. It's true that it is easy to read (though not for everyone, I must stress) we've developed proper English for good reasons, because it works. But then it's always changing and evolving. (Though in this technological age it's evolving far too fast for us old-timers, we can't keep up. Language has always changed very slowly over years, now it changes monthly it seems.)

Having said that, I also have a brother with AS so understand how someone may well get comfort and calm from writing in a certain way. I think exceptions can be made in such cases. The uniformity of each word having a capital, the order and regularity... yeah, I can get that.

I think as long as you make sure, in the nicest way possible, that a person knows that's not generally the way people write, and they will probably come up against resistance or even ridicule for it, then your job is done, your obligation fulfilled.

Besides, "What you resist, will persist."
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    I can't believe that this has transformed from a topic about PETA and Subnautica to Asperger's Syndrome, grammar, and the ethics of nazing (naziating?, are these even words?) others way of writing. I honestly don't know how that happens, but you guys pulled it off. Well done.
This discussion has been closed.