Share your most annoying gorge spots

NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
edited November 2016 in NS2 General Discussion
Lets work together as a community as share all the most annoying gorge spots. Maybe you know them well, but some rookie does not. I'll start with some common ones.

Please post pictures when possible.

Tram
Xaz2D7P.jpg
k3AeIEy.jpg
0LHcK3m.jpg
du9cuhN.jpg

Biodome
GFTRPTJ.jpg
gczHiAZ.jpg

Refinery
iFySUyL.jpg
GfEpREw.jpg
mjCYJ96.jpg

Docking
HL1fuxG.jpg
iTcZSqk.jpg

Comments

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Wow, I didn't know you can evolve up there in biodome.

This is missing the skylights vent. It's not as "sophisticated" as some of these, but still stupidly effective. Even with grenades it can be unreasonably hard to get a gorge out of there... and once you manage he'll just go back and start it all over.
  • KasharicKasharic Hull, England Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184473Members, Forum Admins, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    Refinery - Chasm vent, conduit on the pipes, smelting ceiling and Lava falls in general...

Docking - east side of Generator on top of the pipes and Landing pad.

Veil - Cargo on the lift thing on the south side near the ceiling and skylight vent.

• FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    So you consider them annoying but start a thread to highlight their existence to everyone who reads it therefore ensuring the usage of said spots will grow at an exponential rate...

Bro.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Foxy wrote: »
    So you consider them annoying but start a thread to highlight their existence to everyone who reads it therefore ensuring the usage of said spots will grow at an exponential rate...

Bro.

...if everyone starts abusing them, they will have to be fixed!

...I hope.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2016
    What makes that vent strong is not the spot, but the vent you can easily run back to and be 100% safe until jetpacks.

Out of the ones I posted about, only the Tram one is a real problem that should be fixed. The rest are just simply annoying but don't NEED to be fixed.
    Bro.
    You clearly don't understand my purpose here, bra.

The following spots are from Wooza. He sent them to me, I am just posting them for him.
    mc40pXa.jpg
    9brYwx3.jpg
    OyZinHB.jpg
    mi5HnMm.jpg
    oAShujG.jpg
    ZkI4Ymj.jpg
    zQZiNkw.jpg
    aiS5yuY.jpg
    Nordic wrote: »
    What makes that vent strong is not the spot, but the vent you can easily run back to and be 100% safe until jetpacks.
    [/spoiler]

...at which points aliens going to overrun you because you have been down 2RTs for ten minutes, while aliens focused on taking C12, possibly even holding Overlook. (This is assuming a non-sub start. If it's a sub start you were still down 1 RT for a looong time.)
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow

Bro.

Security Through Obscurity only rarely works.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    [/spoiler]

...at which points aliens going to overrun you because you have been down 2RTs for ten minutes, while aliens focused on taking C12, possibly even holding Overlook. (This is assuming a non-sub start. If it's a sub start you were still down 1 RT for a looong time.)

Are you talking about veil, or biodome?
    [/spoiler]

Are you talking about veil, or biodome?

Veil.
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
    edited November 2016
    Tram - vent shaft between Observation and Mezzanine

You don't even need bilebomb, you can easily spit the powernode in obs. Sure, it takes some time, but the marines can't do much about it early game and the skulks have a nice healing station
    More spots from wooza
    vanIuPH.jpg
    6bVLdLD.jpg
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    those spots dont really annoy me tbh.

tram

The spots that annoy me are Mezzanine up on the balcony area. 2 good gorges can really hoild that position

vent between et / obs

docking

landing pad tunnels
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    So you consider them annoying but start a thread to highlight their existence to everyone who reads it therefore ensuring someone on the dev team has a single place to look to find all the spots that need a noevolve texture, while simultaneously creating a honeypot for anyone that wants to show off their creative BS gorging spots

FTFY
  • FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    So you consider them annoying but start a thread to highlight their existence to everyone who reads it therefore ensuring someone on the dev team has a single place to look to find all the spots that need a noevolve texture, while simultaneously creating a honeypot for anyone that wants to show off their creative BS gorging spots

FTFY

I used to think noevolve textures were useful. But then I got a brain.