Coming back from a hiatus. And I'm MAD! :(

SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
edited October 2016 in Technical Support
I'm noticing some very annoying key changes. Rest assured, I'm not here about your balance, this stuff is outside balance.

The first thing I noticed, is when I wanted to warmup before a gather (that never started), I went in to a local server to play against bots, because there were no European servers at the time.

But I noticed a lot of stuff has apparently changed.

1. I for some reason was not 'authorized' to use sv_cheats 1 on my own local server.
2. I could not remove autoteambalance, so I could only fight 2 bots at a time.
3. Pregame plus was forced on me. (So I'm forced to use 3-3). Edit: I don't have that mod!

This stuff really ruins my warmup routine.

FYI: I deleted my workshop folder and I only subscribe to NS2+.

OK, but if that was all, I wouldn't bother making a thread about it. However, on top of this stuff, I notice in-game that my framerate randomly drops to exactly 60 fps for a period of something that feels like 4-5 seconds. In this period it also locks my weapon switching of all things.

I have geforce 970 and i5-6600K @ 3.5Ghz on win10. I'm usually 150+ fps in lategame.

And last but not least. For some reason you have disabled the ability to hotkey marines... Please add an option to revert this, because I use those hotkeys to navigate with.

Comments

• IxianIxian Denmark Join Date: 2014-03-16 Member: 194783Members, Squad Five Blue
    Use cheats 1 instead.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    SantaClaws wrote: »
    1. I for some reason was not 'authorized' to use sv_cheats 1 on my own local server.
    2. I could not remove autoteambalance, so I could only fight 2 bots at a time.
    3. Pregame plus was forced on me. (So I'm forced to use 3-3). Edit: I don't have that mod!
    #1 is nothing new. It is annoying but you have to set yourself up as an admin in the config. It has been that way as long as I can remember. You must have set it up when you played before, but not this time.
    #2 and #3 are related to a recent change. You could turn off autoteambalance in the server config files, or via console commands if you had admin powers. If you had admin powers and used cheats 1 the round would have started, and pregameplus would have been a non issue.

Solution: Manually make yourself an admin for your local server via the server config files.

On your performance issues, are they related to this maybe?

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    *Moved to tech support*

Most of those "issues" sound like your configs got reset.
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    @Nordic I don't know... you tell me! All I know is it lags.
  • KeatsKeats United States Join Date: 2014-11-04 Member: 199413Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Just to be pedantic, the vanilla pregame mode is called Warmup. There is no way to configure it or disable it through vanilla AFAIK. Pregame+ still exists and has more options to configure if you want that type of gameplay. You can also use PG+ to disable pregame fighting entirely if you want.
    SantaClaws wrote: »
    And last but not least. For some reason you have disabled the ability to hotkey marines... Please add an option to revert this, because I use those hotkeys to navigate with.
    This should still be possible AFAIK. Could it be that NS2+ has disabled click selecting marines for you? If so, do area select instead.
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    @Keats Yes I disabled click selection myself on purpose ages ago. I can select a marine right now, I just cannot put him on a hotkey.
  • KeatsKeats United States Join Date: 2014-11-04 Member: 199413Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2016
    @SantaClaws Sorry I realized after I posted that you were not likely to forget about NS2+. Like I said I am fairly sure you can still hotkey marines, but not 100% sure. I will try myself when I can. Or the A+ 10/10 playtester @Nordic can do it.

EDIT just checked, definitely still hotkeyable
    I just formatted my PC and all the issues are now resolved. Using cheats 1 of course resolves the first 3. My lagging issue didn't reoccur and for some reason I can group marines again after reinstall.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    If you're still having fps issues, try the very latest nvidia driver.
    version *.63 was giving people horrible fps drops that lasted a few sec (myself included) and after 5 days of that driver being out Nvidia released a new one that supposedly fixes it.
    @IronHorse that might have been it then. Since I reformatted my PC I just installed the newest driver.