Still new up date new game?

luangzxxluangzxx Thailand Join Date: 2016-08-02 Member: 220915Members
I decided to stop playing this game months ago due to the reason that I have to start new game to get update and I hate it because I found it not enjoyable to build new sea-base every time there is an update even with console command still require lots of time.

Now I come back to ask if there is any change to this like can we now continue playing game with update content? And are there still performance issues when we keep playing the saved game for long time?

Comments

• kenthjhonskenthjhons Philippines Join Date: 2016-10-29 Member: 223452Members
    The new update keeps the game crashing
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    In the many months I have been playing this game, and the many updates I have seen, not once have I not been able to continue with an already saved game once a new update comes in. Yes, it is advised that you start a new game, but as far as I know it's never been compulsory.

As for the comment about the new update keeps crashing the game. Nonsense! I have not experienced this and I think I can say that the vast majority here can say the same. The only exception to this is if you are playing experimental. As it's name suggests it is an experimental access to the game and therefore bugs can and do arise in it from time to time.
  • HormanHorman Germany Join Date: 2016-03-16 Member: 214292Members
    Sorry Myrm,
    I have the same problem and I was always playing the stable version.
    Not every update caused a complete crash, but sometimes the vehicles bugged, sometimes parts of the base disappeared...
    This time, the wreck inside the blood kelp zone is gone...

So, you might be a lucky one, but there is a reason, why you should start a new savefile... You MIGHT get problems... and many of us have problems
  • SansTheSkelebroSansTheSkelebro Italy Join Date: 2016-04-27 Member: 216071Members
    edited October 2016
    Yep, still have to restart to get everything out of a new update. Also, yes, keeping a game file through multiple updates adds performance issues and more bugs.
  • ShuryCZShuryCZ Czech Republic Join Date: 2015-07-07 Member: 206047Members
    Definitely, my last big game did not load properly after the Bones update (new terrain + more bugs in cyclops). I guess this won't change much simply because of technical nature of a thing.