Vive -- Reset Position?

FiatilFiatil USA Join Date: 2016-10-28 Member: 223419Members
Is there a way to reset your seated position in the Vive version of Subnautica? Normally you can hold down the menu button on the Vive, but I'm not getting the reset orientation option like I do in most games.

For some reason the game has my default position as below my floor. Any time I enter a building or surface my player's feet are 6 feet above the ground, and it makes it hard to do lots of stuff.

Comments

• OculusLouOculusLou Canada Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217605Members
  • FiatilFiatil USA Join Date: 2016-10-28 Member: 223419Members
    Welll damn. F2 doesn't work, but I also found the "reset seated position" button in SteamVR and it does absolutely nothing in Subnautica.

I think this maaaay be a bug.
    Tried it last night and F2 recentered me on the Vive... :/
    I'm curious, is your Vive set up in roomscale mode or standing mode? I tend to be able to get away with playing games like this in roomscale mode (just so I don't have to redraw the boundaries so much) -- I'm going to test it in standing, but my current setup doesn't lend itself well to that and I probably wont be able to move it back into my room until Sunday.

I've tried it with both the beta version of steamVR and the current one without luck (f1 and f3 pull up lots of debug stuff, f2 just doesn't do jack), but only in roomscale mode.
    I'm in room scale mode. I was using it to recenter a lot yesterday as I was doing a bunch of testing so it works for me. It hasn't worked in the past so i'm not surprised it's hit and miss.
    Fixed it! I'm dumb and didn't fully clean out my old ReVive files from the folder. They're gone, and the orientation is great now.