Official Vive support now : How about Fov >90?

YohaskanYohaskan Join Date: 2016-10-08 Member: 222961Members
edited October 2016 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Now we have an Officially Vive support, can you do just something to set definitively the FOV for each VR headset ??

We can adjust by console command, but it's temporaly and config are never saved.
in addition, this command affects only part of the visual information (any 3D object, such as Seaglide), are too close to the eyes and it gives us eyestrain.

i repost old tips found for experimental mode

I managed to force the FOV 90 ° while it is basic to 60 ° as the non-VR mode.
so that in VR Vive it seemed to have the informations displayed too close to the eyes or off screen.

To change it, you must:
- Enable Console
F3 and F8 for mouse control. then you must uncheck "enable console"

- Once enabled this change is saved, but not the next commands

Open text field to write the (unfortunately it is invisible in VR mode)
To open: press once the ENTER key

then type: FOV 90
and ENTER to validated
If it's ok you'll instantly see the Fov increased

Comments

• AzirphaeliAzirphaeli USA Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217144Members
    What I am wondering is if the outstanding VR issues with regards to missing cutscenes and walking speed in bases are fixed with the inclusion of Vive support..
  • OculusLouOculusLou Canada Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217605Members
    You can always run to move faster in VR by pressing down the left thumb stick. Hope they fixed the bigger issues with vehicles, spawning and using them. The Cyclops / Seamoth in VR are a mess!
    Anyone else get your Vive background poping in all the time while driving the Seamoth at every performance setting?
  • YohaskanYohaskan Join Date: 2016-10-08 Member: 222961Members
    I started a new game to be very sure to have a clean base.
    and after 3 hours of play, a station and i have builded the Seaglide, then the Seamoth.
    I have only very light freeze (big monsters approach) in less than a second (much more numerous and more longer before, on version experimental mode)

So for now it is rather positive.

by cons I have installed the game on my SSD, to accelerate the access read/write which otherwise slow the game strongly
    edited October 2016
    Yohaskan wrote: »
    I started a new game to be very sure to have a clean base.
    and after 3 hours of play, a station and i have builded the Seaglide, then the Seamoth.
    I have only very light freeze (big monsters approach) in less than a second (much more numerous and more longer before, on version experimental mode)

So for now it is rather positive.

by cons I have installed the game on my SSD, to accelerate the access read/write which otherwise slow the game strongly

haha yeah I re-installed it onto my SSD last night and things did get better and quicker, still more loading and freezing than I would like on my 1080. Noticed my save game was over 2gb so it might be to blame, but I don't want to start over..again :(

Swimming: must nicer experience
    Seamoth: on SSD much nicer when going fast, but still freezes
    PRAWN: Nice and smooth, but it doesn't go that fast...
  • FiatilFiatil USA Join Date: 2016-10-28 Member: 223419Members
    OculusLou wrote: »
    Anyone else get your Vive background poping in all the time while driving the Seamoth at every performance setting?

Are you running the SteamVR beta with asynchronous reprojection on? That should make performance even better, but I've long noticed that Subnautica doesn't handle loading assets very well. It runs great on my 980 Ti in non-VR mode, except for it hitching more than any other game I've played when loading in assets as you travel. That would be particularly bad if you're moving at high speeds.
    And now with the last patch of 20mo, after big update of 10/27
    Guess what ?
    Freeze more than 30 seconde and go to crash...
    crash...
    crash...
    I'm tired to send logs...
    tired to restart game, or worse, restart from begin
    Last test succeeded

By setting no-VR mode and decreasing the quality and minimum resolution
    then I navigate to 2 inche / hour, I was able to get out of the area who crash the game.
    Until next ...