New update. What's going on in inventory?

Alrekr_IronhandAlrekr_Ironhand New Hampshire, US Join Date: 2016-03-22 Member: 214677Members
When I open my inventory I now see a bunch of red exclamation marks that fade after a few seconds. What are these? Are they "This item is new since you last opened your inventory"? Or are they "Your inventory is not saved and these things will be lost if you die now"?

Comments

• subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    either way that's a really useful feature to add!
  • SilveressaSilveressa USA Join Date: 2015-03-18 Member: 202279Members
    They seem to be a "these are recently added to your inventory" notifications, they also appear for data entries when you scan new flora & fauna and acquire new blueprints.
  • ShuryCZShuryCZ Czech Republic Join Date: 2015-07-07 Member: 206047Members
    New things in your PDA, it works like that in fabricator too. I think it is useful.
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    This item is new since you last opened your inventory

That's right.
  • harrzackharrzack United States Join Date: 2016-09-11 Member: 222250Members
    Yes - that seems to be an excellent 'nuance' to help keep us informed...
    I agree it's especially handy, and makes it a lot easier to read new PDA entries without having to hunt through the ever growing list and try to spot the newest one.
  • AyradyssAyradyss Join Date: 2016-08-29 Member: 221864Members
    The new item tag is handy. I'm having issues with the inventory in general though. Usually when I'm 'inside.' In my base, the inventory (and any container I open) appear 'greyed out.' They're still functional -- clicking works normally -- but it's all grey-washed.

Then a few times now, while inside the Cyclops, my inventory windows have just went completely invisible. Can't see the UI, can't see the items. But they are still there. I clicked my mouse and accidentally ate a Peeper while this invisi-glitch was happening.

Saving the game, exiting to menu and reloading fixes the invisi-glitch, until it happens again.
  • Alrekr_IronhandAlrekr_Ironhand New Hampshire, US Join Date: 2016-03-22 Member: 214677Members
    I agree it's not a terribly bad idea. Bit alarming to have hordes of red exclamation points show up without warning though.

Honestly, I'd like it to be an option that I can turn off. I find it both disconcerting and distracting, for no real actual benefit to me.
  • Alrekr_IronhandAlrekr_Ironhand New Hampshire, US Join Date: 2016-03-22 Member: 214677Members
    Silveressa wrote: »
    I agree it's especially handy, and makes it a lot easier to read new PDA entries without having to hunt through the ever growing list and try to spot the newest one.

Huh. I hadn't noticed it was in the PDA data entries as well.

Now THERE, as an "unread item" marker, it sounds actually useful. In the inventory it's just a distraction, urgently telling you things you most likely already knew.

"ZOMG!!! THERE ARE TWO LANTERN FRUITS IN YOUR INVENTORY!!!" Yes. I know. I just picked them. Now I'm about to eat them.
    Ayradyss wrote: »
    The new item tag is handy. I'm having issues with the inventory in general though. Usually when I'm 'inside.' In my base, the inventory (and any container I open) appear 'greyed out.' They're still functional -- clicking works normally -- but it's all grey-washed.

Then a few times now, while inside the Cyclops, my inventory windows have just went completely invisible. Can't see the UI, can't see the items. But they are still there. I clicked my mouse and accidentally ate a Peeper while this invisi-glitch was happening.

Saving the game, exiting to menu and reloading fixes the invisi-glitch, until it happens again.

I've reported this same bug in another thread here: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2318745/#Comment_2318745

What's really annoying is this bug has been reported by other people during the last experimental build and they still failed to fix it before pushing this new build to release.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    It's popping up every time something is added to your inventory, not just when the items are "new".

It's becoming particularly annoying, IMO.
  • SaladExistsSaladExists Canada Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219747Members
    When I open my inventory I now see a bunch of red exclamation marks that fade after a few seconds. What are these? Are they "This item is new since you last opened your inventory"? Or are they "Your inventory is not saved and these things will be lost if you die now"?

its to say whats new.