Your favourite creature?

SilkSpiderSilkSpider Join Date: 2016-10-22 Member: 223305Members
Do tell.

My definite favourite critters are reefbacks. The game's resident gentle giants, the biggest things that won't ever try to kill you. They have corals and plants sprouting all over their backs. They're just so darn beautiful and adorably cute.

Comments

• drbrianzdrbrianz USA Join Date: 2016-05-02 Member: 216293Members
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    I think mine would be sea treaders. I like the idea of a heard of them marching across the seabed. Don't know if I want plants on their backs too tho... idk, maybe.
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    I love the crabsnake. Something about how it's unique to its own biome, and has a symbiotic relationship that's actually coded pretty well into the game.
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    I love the crabsnake. Something about how it's unique to its own biome, and has a symbiotic relationship that's actually coded pretty well into the game.

This. I made sure my outpost in those caves had a window right by a mushroom so I could watch the crab snakes. :smiley:
  • ExlodianExlodian Queensland Join Date: 2016-10-09 Member: 222993Members
    Well I cant chose one..both the horrifying dragon leviathan and the cutey cute fish
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    Love the lava larva I'm a real "sucker" for them *drumb beats and cymbal*
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    Eyeye Captain!! Lava Eyeye Captain!!!
  • LeonDOGELeonDOGE France Join Date: 2016-01-16 Member: 211525Members
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members

Sound's like you're quite "attached" to them.
  • KisuKisu Germany Join Date: 2016-08-08 Member: 221099Members
    I have 2 favorites which I can't decide what's the best...

1. Crabsquid - the sound they make is so unique and cool and they are so damn spooky when they come closer to you with that look on their face "O_O"

2. Reaper - simply because I can't forget that moment when I first saw it. I was shocked and was like "no no no no no this is is the worst" and then the reaper saw me and came for me. I paused the game in that moment and needed to calm down for like 15 minutes before I dared to press the escape button again, accepting my fate.
    One of my most intense moments in gaming and even after 100+ gameplay hours I still love observing them with camera drones or from the cyclops.

Can't decide between them :#

• PikariPikari Join Date: 2016-09-30 Member: 222711Members
    I love Ghost Rays and Jelly Rays. The latter are a staple in my aquariums.
  • ThethunderviperThethunderviper France Join Date: 2016-06-15 Member: 218613Members
    My favorite creature is the Ampeel , his way of moving is majestic *_*
  • 999Antonio3849999Antonio3849 Emperor Aquarium Join Date: 2016-10-23 Member: 223324Members
    My favorite is probably the baby emporer its so cute <3:D
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    edited October 2016

Those little bastards forced me to break my pacifist playthrough. I was pretty much drilling them off the cyclops with the PRAWN.
    I guess they are cute though!
    Oh wait! How could I have forgotten the MESMER? I think mesmer wins out ever so slightly over the crabsnake for me...

The mesmer, to me, is like the entire Subnautica experience in a tiny packet of beauty and death. Subnautica is a game about progression and exploration- exploration of the countless ways you can die! From the very first minute of the game, you enter into the cycle. Beautiful kelp forests at night? Have fun with the stalkers! Got your first seaglide? Now you have the freedom to explore the boundless grassy plains.... full of Biters and Sandsharks! Oh, did you just get your first Seamoth? Have fun with those Reaper Leviathans! The mesmer sums this policy up perfectly. Every creature in this game, no matter what it is, possesses unrivaled beauty and elegance- and unrivaled lethality to go with it! No other game I've come across can weave this kind of unparalleled environment with the ability to terrify and surprise so completely. Props, devs.
  • kubazet99kubazet99 Czech Republic Join Date: 2016-08-17 Member: 221450Members
    For me it is Warper.All other creuters dont have soo inteligent in theri faces.Warper looks like very smart race and they know you are also smart.If you seen thear move,looks so majestic and proud.