The first meeting of warpers and me

ImmortalHunterImmortalHunter Surrey BC Canada Earth Join Date: 2016-10-04 Member: 222853Members
Warpers the name alone can strike feer in the hearts of most sane people, good thing I'm insane. The first time I've ever seen a warper was while I was working in the Grand Reef hunting for Fragments for my need of technology. Just as I found the last of the power cell changer Fragments it appeared, a warper right behind my Seamoth (witch I named the Seawolf). My first thought was "ahhhhhhhhhh omg...omg please don't kill me!!" ah yes good times followed by a lot of cursing as the warper ripped me apart, very good times. Maybe you can see a warper too some day, and it can rip you apart too.
So if you want tell me your first encounter with a warper below or any other creature that scares you. (like the reapers hint, hint.)

Comments

• HYBRID1313HYBRID1313 Australia Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215179Members
    edited October 2016
    This was painful to read. Sorry.
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    edited October 2016
    I have to agree with Hybrid, it looked like you were trying too hard to be funny.
    Warpers the name alone can strike feer in the hearts of most sane people, good thing I'm insane.

Your character is the only living human who knows what a Warper is. And how did he become insane?
    The first time I've ever seen a warper was while I was working in the Grand Reef hunting for Fragments for my need of technology.

The first and last time he ever saw a Warper, unless he somehow survived?
    My first thought was "ahhhhhhhhhh omg...omg please don't kill me!!"

Hang on, whatever happened to not being afraid?
    ah yes good times followed by a lot of cursing as the warper ripped me apart, very good times.

Sudden u-turn aside, your character is such a jaded masochist that he doesn't mind (And even enjoys) the agony of being disembowelled and mutilated, feeling the creeping numbness as he bled out and succumbed to darkness? I can only guess that under the facade of insanity he is suffering deep down and wants to die. Or he has some sort of plot device that'll resurrect him at his base after death so the whole ordeal is inconsequential to him...maybe he's been killed so many times in such awful ways that his mental state rapidly declined, thus explaining the insanity. Interesting idea!

Sorry if I come across as dickish and nitpicky (I probably read more into it than I should've), I just had to point out those inconsistencies. You'll get better!
  • ShuryCZShuryCZ Czech Republic Join Date: 2015-07-07 Member: 206047Members
    Lol such analysis above me. Not neccesarry to explain that the author's original post is truly weird and painful to read.

But I agree (uugh), Warpers were cool experience the first time.
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    One time just after I had crafted my Exosuit, I rode it to the ocean floor where unknown to me a Warper had spawned behind my camera. I was bewildered to see my character's vision blur and then was ejected from the vehicle with a hissing skreee!. After that harrowing encounter, I decided to stalk examine my nemesis up close, and with INVISIBLE and OXYGEN in play, I decided to conduct some research.

The grappling hook on the Exosuit can latch onto the Warper and cause it distress, but eventually it will warp away with no trace left behind. Also of note, if you try to hit it with the Propulsion Cannon (either pulse shot or latch shot) no matter how long it's been there, it will warp away instantly. One time I managed to get it stuck in a loop where it would warp in mere seconds after warping out (like it was following a set path). I edged closer and closer to its warp ripples, curious to see if touching the warp field would either kill me, mutate me or send me to its home base... Sadly it seems the fields aren't interactive yet in Stable, as having it warp in on top of you or it leaving while you're hugging it doesn't affect gameplay.

Hopefully the developers will have more fun with these guys, such as having them spawn in Crabsquids or Bonesharks to attack you while they gleefully cackle at your expense... :o
  • ImmortalHunterImmortalHunter Surrey BC Canada Earth Join Date: 2016-10-04 Member: 222853Members
    edited October 2016
    I have to agree with Hybrid, it looked like you were trying too hard to be funny.
    Warpers the name alone can strike feer in the hearts of most sane people, good thing I'm insane.

Your character is the only living human who knows what a Warper is. And how did he become insane?
    The first time I've ever seen a warper was while I was working in the Grand Reef hunting for Fragments for my need of technology.

The first and last time he ever saw a Warper, unless he somehow survived?
    My first thought was "ahhhhhhhhhh omg...omg please don't kill me!!"

Hang on, whatever happened to not being afraid?
    ah yes good times followed by a lot of cursing as the warper ripped me apart, very good times.

Sudden u-turn aside, your character is such a jaded masochist that he doesn't mind (And even enjoys) the agony of being disembowelled and mutilated, feeling the creeping numbness as he bled out and succumbed to darkness? I can only guess that under the facade of insanity he is suffering deep down and wants to die. Or he has some sort of plot device that'll resurrect him at his base after death so the whole ordeal is inconsequential to him...maybe he's been killed so many times in such awful ways that his mental state rapidly declined, thus explaining the insanity. Interesting idea!

Sorry if I come across as dickish and nitpicky (I probably read more into it than I should've), I just had to point out those inconsistencies. You'll get better!
    Oookay btw it was a real story.
    (also it was like 2 AM when I wrote this)
  • Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    There I was, in the Grand Reef, scooting along in my little Seamoth, trying to find a wreck or fragments for the Moonpool... I pop out to scan a fragment...

I hear a whooping sound behind me, turn, look at my Seamoth...

SUDDENLY a Warper swims in from underneath, knocks my Seamoth off-balance and then just LOOKS at me... Before it teleports off.
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    I dunno, I've introduced every Warper to a swing of the claw arm, which results in their hasty retreat. Once, I missed one behind me, and I got teleported out, so I got back in and... hit it with the claw arm. Bloodlust mitigates fear nicely. Point defense on Seamoth doesn't require any aiming.

Or, one can vary it up and chuck the nearest handy physics object at them. All the damage has to be instant, since they don't stick around to take drill or gas cloud damage. Still haven't managed to actually kill one, though. I'm not even sure that I'm shooting the same one each time. Very confusing.