How to get into the engine or prawn room?

DaAngryCheeseDaAngryCheese Join Date: 2016-09-17 Member: 222374Members
I have spent ages going around the outside if the aurora looking for the entrance that I have seen on YouTube to the engine room, but it does not seem to be there. The only way I have in is at the front of the aurora but they just eventually leads to doors the need codes. Are these the doors that lead to the prawn and engine room? If they are does anyone know the codes?

Comments

• FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    Get a fire extinguisher and clear the flames blocking the door to administration.
  • bwc153bwc153 Shawnee, KS, US Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213659Members
    I have spent ages going around the outside if the aurora looking for the entrance that I have seen on YouTube to the engine room, but it does not seem to be there. The only way I have in is at the front of the aurora but they just eventually leads to doors the need codes. Are these the doors that lead to the prawn and engine room? If they are does anyone know the codes?

That entrance on the side is from old versions, it was removed. The only two entrances are on the front of the aurora, one is blocked by boxes and needs a propulsion cannon to get through, the other goes up a ramp with all the cave crawlers. I won't tell you the codes, but you are on the right track. ALL the codes can be obtained from PDAs that you will find while exploring the Aurora.
  • DaAngryCheeseDaAngryCheese Join Date: 2016-09-17 Member: 222374Members
  • DaAngryCheeseDaAngryCheese Join Date: 2016-09-17 Member: 222374Members
    Found the code for the cargo bay
  • MichloMichlo Originally Wallasey, UK now Los Angeles, US. Join Date: 2016-09-10 Member: 222215Members
    You will find all of the codes you need on PSAs, including your own. One crew quarters door currently remains unavailable, however.

Good luck.
  • Alrekr_IronhandAlrekr_Ironhand New Hampshire, US Join Date: 2016-03-22 Member: 214677Members
    So, if I'm reading this right and correctly combining with my own fruitless experience in my current game ... it's presently impossible to get inside the Aurora without a propulsion cannon?
    Fixing the Aurora's radiation leaks is one of the earliest things I try to do, as soon as I have a welder and a radiation suit!
  • MiralityMirality New Zealand Join Date: 2016-08-05 Member: 221004Members
    edited October 2016
    You can still get inside in Stable without one, but it sounds like they've closed that loophole in Experimental.

Though it depends on your definition of "inside", I guess. You can get into the upper room and find a propulsion gun fragment without having one.
  • MrRoarkeMrRoarke Join Date: 2016-05-16 Member: 216830Members
    So they fixed the jump-over exploit? That's a bummer. It took me forever to find the second prop cannon fragment.
  • Alrekr_IronhandAlrekr_Ironhand New Hampshire, US Join Date: 2016-03-22 Member: 214677Members
    edited October 2016
    Right, there's propulsion cannon fragments before the obstacles. I forgot that.

Well, I have a Seamoth now, and several spare power cells. So I can go get the propulsion cannon fragments, come back and make a propulsion cannon, then return ...
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    @Alrekr_Ironhand Yeah, you want to have the propulsion cannon, the welder and the laser cutter on your person while exploring Aurora. I've found you don't need to pack too much in the way of additional supplies because you can find plenty of food, water, batteries, fire extinguishers, etc. on board, but you really want those 3 tools. And the scanner, obviously.
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    Sidchicken wrote: »
    @Alrekr_Ironhand Yeah, you want to have the propulsion cannon, the welder and the laser cutter on your person while exploring Aurora. I've found you don't need to pack too much in the way of additional supplies because you can find plenty of food, water, batteries, fire extinguishers, etc. on board, but you really want those 3 tools. And the scanner, obviously.

Disagree. I always go in with like 3 extra fire extinguishers. You can get by without them, but it's convenient.
    Sidchicken wrote: »

Now if only I could find a second propulsion cannon fragment ....

Say, maybe if the Lifepod 17 wreck had half as many prawn suit pieces or a quarter as many drill arms, and one propulsion cannon piece.
  • MrRoarkeMrRoarke Join Date: 2016-05-16 Member: 216830Members
    Did I say this already: It took me forever to find the second prop cannon fragment. I can't remember now in which wreck I finally found it, but it was the last one I found.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    edited October 2016
    I've reliably found prop cannon fragments in the underwater island wreck. I think the fragment in the Aurora is there so that a new player exploring the Aurora for the first time knows that propulsion cannons exist, because they'll scan it and get that little "technical data" popup, or whatever it's called, and discover that there's a device in the game that can be used to move crap out of the way.