This is the worst community I've seen in a long time.

RiseRise Join Date: 2012-04-17 Member: 150595Members
edited October 2016 in NS2 General Discussion
I've played since NS1, and beta NS2. I came back into the game for the first time in years and find the community to be insufferably rude, selfish, immature, and impatient. I never found this to be the case before. Keep in mind, I say this as someone who has experienced the worst of both the Dota2 and LoL community for years.
Yet now this is all I find in NS2 no matter what server I go to. I don't know what happened, but I can see why the game's community isn't growing, but slowly declining, if this is what new players face.

In a short space of a few games:
1. Someone stuck spectating whining that he wanted someone to quit so he could play. Accuses me of being afk when I'm not, starts a vote kick, and I get kicked.
2. Get in as alien commander. Start to research and place stuff. But 30 seconds in the game someone accuses me of not doing it fast enough, so starts vote to kick me as commander and succeeds. Then votes to kick me from game, and succeeds.
3. Ask a simple question. Have someone curse at me and not answer it.

This is in a very short timeframe of trying to play the game again, and already I want to quit and never play again. This never use to be the case.

Unless this community is complete shit, and only the dregs of the internet are left playing this game, the only explanation I can offer is that maybe the rookie tag this game slapped on me (why, I don't know, I had over 180 hours logged already) is causing people to treat me like a leper they want expelled from their server.

In which case, you really should stop labeling people with this leprous green rookie tag, if all it's going to do is invite heaps of abuse.

Comments

• SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Are you EU or NA? Because I have experienced a lot more toxicity from NA communities, for what ever that's worth.

NA pub players seem to have a much more rigid and narrow range of acceptable strategies and build orders compared to EU pub players.

If you can deal with the ping, try the EU servers.
  • RiseRise Join Date: 2012-04-17 Member: 150595Members
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    What I hear when I'm being yelled at is people caring loudly at me.

But seriously, some people are just dicks. What helps a lot is having a microphone, asking questions, and being responsive to what your team is asking for. I've seen so many times where a rookie hops into the chair without asking, does nothing, says nothing, then acts all confused when people don't like what they're doing. (Not to say you were saying nothing or doing nothing, just an example).

Some servers are better administered than others too. Tactical Gamer is one of the more strictly administered servers. You should try to play on there. :)
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    It all comes down to the community / server you play on.
    I recommend finding the one that works for you, that has decent admins.
  • AbsurdonAbsurdon Germany Join Date: 2015-02-09 Member: 201274Members
    was that all on the same server? i dont think all the murican servers are like this. only played on a few but never saw someone rndmly gettin kicked. for ejecting u as a commander. this can always happen, happens even to competetive commanders cause someone claims their strat to be shit. try and look for a heavily admin governed server. I rly dunno the murican servers but I always got warnings when shouting at someone on TA House of Awsome. Otherwise go on EU server. Thirsty Onos e.g. has almost always some admin on and they can mute players who are overly verbal depending on the time they are filled quite good so you can have some fun there.
    How did u survive DotA and LoL if some small stuff like this throws you off? You know the game allows you to mute ppl in text and voice so if someone pisses you off just mute him.
    If you fear of getting kicked cause someone claims you to be afk. as soon as the vote pops up write in all chat that you are not. You can make a bind for it to let it happen faster. open the console and type "bind <keyname> say I'm not AFK u moron" where <keyname> is replaced by a key of your choice. The you moron at the end is of major importance as the person starting the vote has proven to be some sort of inbread who is so bad at the game that he needs to distract ppl by bashing someone else.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    I have never understood this "ns2 community is the worst" sentiment. In my experience, most people ingame are nice guys. (Although everyone has a bad day every now and then, including me.)
    However, I play on EU servers exclusively, so there might be a difference in culture at work. I started actively avoiding NA servers after some negative experiences, I believe. Frankly, I don't remember much about it; I just stick to my server nowadays.
  • MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    I was finally pushed to give up NS2 after 3000+ hours due to how toxic this community has become... (Specifically the NA community as I don't play on EU servers due to ping)

How ironic to see posts like this also popping up... And the high skill elitist jerks are saying the problem lies with me. Clearly the problem is them.

They drove away a player who seeds servers and commands.. And they're happy about it.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    MoFo1 wrote: »
    I was finally pushed to give up NS2 after 3000+ hours due to how toxic this community has become...
    How ironic
    high skill elitist jerks are saying the problem lies with me. Clearly the problem is them.

(Also why are you still on the forums, then?)
  • SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Members
    edited October 2016
    Rise wrote: »
    I've played since NS1, and beta NS2. I came back into the game for the first time in years and find the community to be insufferably rude, selfish, immature, and impatient. I never found this to be the case before. Keep in mind, I say this as someone who has experienced the worst of both the Dota2 and LoL community for years.
    Yet now this is all I find in NS2 no matter what server I go to. I don't know what happened, but I can see why the game's community isn't growing, but slowly declining, if this is what new players face.

In a short space of a few games:
    1. Someone stuck spectating whining that he wanted someone to quit so he could play. Accuses me of being afk when I'm not, starts a vote kick, and I get kicked.
    2. Get in as alien commander. Start to research and place stuff. But 30 seconds in the game someone accuses me of not doing it fast enough, so starts vote to kick me as commander and succeeds. Then votes to kick me from game, and succeeds.
    3. Ask a simple question. Have someone curse at me and not answer it.

This is in a very short timeframe of trying to play the game again, and already I want to quit and never play again. This never use to be the case.

Unless this community is complete shit, and only the dregs of the internet are left playing this game, the only explanation I can offer is that maybe the rookie tag this game slapped on me (why, I don't know, I had over 180 hours logged already) is causing people to treat me like a leper they want expelled from their server.

In which case, you really should stop labeling people with this leprous green rookie tag, if all it's going to do is invite heaps of abuse.

Huge part of the stress of the game is the fact that the score is visible. In a game like ns2 it shouldn't matter if you win or lose. The score is just for balancing purposes. But the fact that you can lose points because of the ineptitude of team mates causes higher stress levels and therefore a more toxic atmosphere.
  • MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    I was finally pushed to give up NS2 after 3000+ hours due to how toxic this community has become...
    How ironic
    high skill elitist jerks are saying the problem lies with me. Clearly the problem is them.

Because the moderators haven't deleted or banned my account yet..

I still love NS2 but too many high skill players are too hostile for me to be able to enjoy it..

And it's not all directed at me either.. There have been countless times just in the past 6-8 months where I've had to tell some elitist to shut up when they're trash talking and/or trying to votekick a rookie who is just trying to learn the game.
  • Legend_BossLegend_Boss UK Join Date: 2014-02-27 Member: 194394Members
    If you stop playing because of words or what people say then you need to grow a pair!

You may not have played in a while but there is now a feature to mute (both chat and voice) of other players. So if someone annoys you, simply mute them.

If people don't like the way you command, so what? And so what if they eject you? Don't take it personal. If you completely stop playing a game because of words others say or they eject you as commander, then you are defintily taking it personal. - life must be stressful for someone like this.

People need to learn to chill and not take things so personal, especially from strangers online. I don't understand why people get personally upset, angry, frustrated or whatever, especially when they can mute or block another person
    How ironic

Because the moderators haven't deleted or banned my account yet..

I still love NS2 but too many high skill players are too hostile for me to be able to enjoy it..

And it's not all directed at me either.. There have been countless times just in the past 6-8 months where I've had to tell some elitist to shut up when they're trash talking and/or trying to votekick a rookie who is just trying to learn the game.

So... you love the game, but hate how people interact about it, so you stop playing the game, but stay on the forum, which is basically exclusively people from the game interacting with each other, because you haven't been banned yet?

It's like you WANT to suffer, seriously.
  • maD maXmaD maX Join Date: 2010-01-28 Member: 70347Members
    Ixian wrote: »
    In the competitive community there once was a guy called Tane - a legendary marine player with aim coming out the wazoo. So, this absolute ns2 GOD decides he wants to play some public games, and goes onto a server and plays to the best of his ability. Then this guy, lets call him random-wannabe-pro (RWP for short), starts telling Tane what to do. Tane is usually a calm guy, and this is no exception. Tane ignores him. But RPW continues to reprimand Tane. In the end god-tier Tane has enough of this RWP, and stops playing to type out all the things that RWP is wrong about and why. RWP is silent for the rest of the game.

It was quite funny while it lasted. But the moral of the story is that guys in pub dont know what they are doing. And the guys who know what they are doing, dont say anything, because RWPs are annoying and they really can't be bothered - that is, until you piss them off generally.

There is nothing wrong with muting everyone. I play with voice volume on 0, so I dont have to listen to RWPs giving poor advice or telling me to do something that really isn't as good for the team as I was going to do. Only twice has this bit me in the arse in the last two years.

As a Pub RWP I can safely say that your wrong. Pro strats and Pub strats NEED to be different.

I know what Pub strats work, with 1000s of hours I can say pushing here or there has a better probability of success.

I have heard of "pro" strats where they would recycle the IP to rush upgrades... lol, try that on a Pub server.

In my experience When Pro's play Pub, they don't try to play as a team (like you said you turn voice to 0). Having a player running around solo shooting 38% calling for Meds and bitching about not getting them does nothing for the other 19 players.

On the other hand your RWP, is trying to engage his team in "teamwork"... in a case of 1000 hive skill vs 1000 hive, it's better to have a Pub stray then no strat.
    -

edited October 2016
    [x] maD maX muted.
    Its cool... you dont use your mic or want to play as a team anyway... next best thing I would ask you to do is go play somewhere else!

Edit* but to be the bigger person here and show that I am willing to learn from a "pro" Which point do you "disagree with"...and why?

1. Pub strats and Pro strats need to be different.
    2. 1000's of hours of Pub experience doesn't make one experienced in Pub Play.
    3. Competitive players have recycled IPs to rush Upgrades
    4. Completive players who's only means of communication include the Med/Ammo request, "you guys Suck", "commander med me I'm carrying the team" while muting everyone... Are NOT team players.
    5. Some strategy even an average one, is better then no plan.

Because I can defend each of my statements
    1. Any decent strategist/manager knows you must play with what you have and according to their ability. There is a clear difference in ability between a Pro and a Pub player. Accuracy, map awareness, ect... clearly they must be managed differently.
    2. How else is "experience" defined then in hours... And if more then 3,000 hours isn't experienced then good lord we are all screwed. (if its hive skill, LOL, I hit 3.1k not long ago....) Whats your metric?
    3. You got me... I have no idea how realistic this is, I heard someone say this and I believed them.
    4. If you have ever managed anyone then you should know that communication is key. Just as important is utilizing your entire team effectively. Focusing 99% of your attention on the single high performer is terrible management. What happens when he is home sick? Do your other players feel satisfied and keep playing?
    5. Yup some Pub players are terrible strategists, "kurlo" cant stand his pub strats... BUT people listen to him and have fun, heck they even work against poorly organized opponents. But that's what pubs are...

Remember this is a TEAM game and we are discussing COMMUNITY... By definition the importance of this discussion is less about accuracy/skill and more about communication and cooperation.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2016
    I don't know mad. I have had RWP with 10's hours and some with 1000's of hours yelling at me for doing things not how they would do it. Little do they know, I also have 1000's of hours. I have also recycled an IP in a pub to get upgrades faster. That strat doesn't always make sense, but it does sometimes. I would not just completely dismiss it. You got to know when and when not to us a strat like that.

The problem with RWP's is not there sometimes good often not advice, but how they give it.
    When I give advice in pubs I often say it as "This is what you could do." Even then it is usually a wasted effort to try and give advice in pubs. Most players don't want advice.
    When a RWP gives advice it is some variation of "You suck noob, get good, why can't you hold a f*cking rt." These are the people the OP is complaining about. When you call them out for being toxic the RWP will usually respond with, "How else are they going to get better?" They simply do not understand what they are doing is wrong.
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    What is this strat about selling IP's for upgrades? Are we talking like an opening? Because that seems silly, you can get the first upgrade with an arms lab first build order.

I'll sometimes sell an IP and/or an armory to afford weapons 3 if we are low on res towers - is that what we are talking about? Because there are definitely situations in pubs where you wanna do that.
    Thank you Nordic for your collected response... I agree that yelling and swearing is not leadership and that some (ok lots) of Pub RWP give bad advice. But I can say that I have seen many "Pro" players play just as Ixian has described...
    ...But the moral of the story is that guys in pub dont know what they are doing...
    ...And the guys who know what they are doing, dont say anything...
    ...There is nothing wrong with muting everyone...
    ...I play with voice volume on 0, so I dont have to listen to RWPs giving poor advice or telling me to do...
    This is not teamwork or community.

This reminds me of "Miss M." who is a Very Good player, who pushes important tactical positions, who can single handedly win a round, BUT does not use the microphone and the only thing she types out is "Shit Talk" about her own team. Is she an asset to her team? Is she an asset to the community? I would rather lose a round by having a newb on my team where we work as a team, then win because a Pro Player was off winning the game by themself.

My request would be that these Pro Players Turn their Mics and Sound on, talk to their team, work with their team even if its not the "best" strategy, and help the community

Side note: Dont really think that this specific example was all that important but... I can't really picture a PUB game where the recycled IP's would be a good thing... 1/2 the team seems to die in the first 30sec before armor 1 would even finish... BUT hydra rushes are fun and probably not "ideal".

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I will sell my second IP if marines are not dying often. This is mostly caused my a significant marine skill advantage, but sometimes it is just good teamwork and or lane blocking.
    I will sell my second IP if we start with 6 or less marines. This is really only possible on TGNS because they have a mod where marines always start with a second IP, but have 10 less starting res.

I usually won't sell the second IP until I have A1 done. That way hopefully my marines will live longer. It is also the time I am looking to spend more res. Depending on how much res we have, that IP money will go into the arms lab or fund me starting the phase gate tech path.
    edited October 2016
    SantaClaws wrote: »
    What is this strat about selling IP's for upgrades? Are we talking like an opening? Because that seems silly, you can get the first upgrade with an arms lab first build order.

I'll sometimes sell an IP and/or an armory to afford weapons 3 if we are low on res towers - is that what we are talking about? Because there are definitely situations in pubs where you wanna do that.

I was once told that some Comp strat included rushing SG and weap 1 or 2 by selling the IP... then using any left over res for meds... Again I don't know if this was viable/True
    Malicious compliance- an alternative way of dealing with RWP.

Example: Playing rine on tram with a shipping start. Rines are doing very well with PG in hub and the ops in main does not cover the logistics entrance.
    Me- "commander, make sure your ops is hot keyed they may be rushing soon"
    Commander- "oh a hot key!! Wow what's that, I have never played before"
    Me- "commander, might wanna scan log... your ops doesn't cover that area"
    Commander "shut up.... blah blah bla... I know what I'm doing, push server"
    Me- I spawn in, hear a gorge in log... and phase to hub. Watch 8 red dots enter marine start.... wait, and no beacon, power out.
    Me- "how's that hot key"
    Commander-"bla bla bla"

Should I have ran into logistics? Should I have mic spammed "beacon"? It would have been the best thing for the team. But rather then argue or Rambo I let him fail.

• ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited October 2016
    I play with voice volume on 0 and commander actions disabled I don't enjoy voice-comm spam for locations, i don't really need to know where a skulk is hiding or where to go to simply because once you get awareness ubiquity you account for where Kharra will be and simply call out in text chat for others, simple as that. The key is to use your minimap and know where you're supposed to be, reference that with what is being said in chat, though not everyone gets the luxury of that because they don't exactly know where to be 99% of the time, it won't work for most people but some people can do it another one of those things where you can't just assume that people aren't team-players just because you disagree with them.

Import things to look for while playing is DPS to structures, players and build-time. A great metric is to build a reasonable amount of structures for the team, always weld players even if they don't weld you back, and always do the most possible damage to the enemy, even if that means going off on your own.

One thing to keep in mind about NS, it's rather frustrating if you are with even one other person and they block you when you are trying to dodge unless they move exactly like you(talking about some NS1 players who also transitioned around 2011/2013 to NS2), or they forget that you are trying to walk, they don't know where the sound-range is cut off and give away your position, i actually got pissed off and told a guy to fuck off the other day on Woozas because he was litterly 5 meters away from my gorge and close enough to pull the marines towards me, he knew that the minimap of marines shows red dots of his location so that him ambushing would lead them right towards me when i am trying to build a tunnel, in the end i was just going off at him for valid reasons and he repeatedly did it even after they didn't find my tunnel simply because the people who play on that server have an IQ less then that of a pigs ass.

oh and

@MoFo1 i recorded a demo the other night when we were on a server and you were the one who instigated the start of rage, everyone seemed to be having a good time, you kept dying so you blamed it on a stack that wasn't stacked then accused 3 players in the server being toxic, you proceeded to get nasty at people who in the past have been annoying yet seemingly had left you alone, yet no one had even said a word to you or anyone else, it seems that you're trying to blame everyone else for your own inability. Then everyone started asking why are you getting so mad, i didn't even need to open my mouth till you just named me for no reason. I wonder if anyone else has a problem with me in game and doesn't mention it? Please leave

@Rise In regards to your experience, even if you played NS1, NS2 Alpha/Beta it makes absolutely zero difference, generally you'll be on a server where most of the players have a specific format of playing, if you aren't medding people or if you are picking and choosing who to med based on there ability to move to a location you want, you're likely to get backlash for that and are slow to begin with. Everyone even the trolls who aren't very good deserve medpacks, it's just about management, especially when you will be playing with people who have also played as long and longer than you.
    Again, 180hours of NS2 is not nearly enough to be very good at a Commander type role unless you're explicitly going commander, you don't exactly have to be very good at either side to be a comm, you just need to know what the troops on the ground need at various time points in the game. People won't just vote you out for a simple thing like 30 seconds not dropping upgrades, however if it has been 30seconds and there is nothing happening on your end they might do that.(cysting, dropping res etc)

Not even sure what the problem is, from my point of view new people don't stick around because they just generally aren't a fan of the type of gameplay, the community has an impact on that but it doesn't make up the whole picture and that's okay to me. You like what you like and they like what they like, no loss.

NS2 Engine Itself is nearly 9 years old and the game was released for Alpha testers 7 bloody years ago, 7 years is a long time to just assume the game is dying from "toxicity" Most of the people playing NS2 now are left over community members from NS1 and NS2. Varying factors such as performance issues in NS2's early life, unreasonable game-play changes, content that was promised never being added, or just generally mixed feelings towards the game itself. Those are the things that caused NS2 to not be as popular as it should have been, not because you had a quarrel in a community game server. Hell do you know that back about 3-4 years ago the UWE servers that they ran were the worst pieces of shit in existence? no admins, no mods, terrible performance, that was one of the reasons that rookies had a terrible time playing, not because someone called them a cocksucker for not dropping upgrades in 30seconds, most people cope pretty well after playing numerous online games.

The reason why people like you get upset is because the people left playing the game are generally the core fans of the game who have been here since the beginning which will lead it into the next stage of evolution, you can stick around or you get to leave, but we'll be here to enjoy the game that we subscribe to, to enjoy a game we've had around us since 2001/2002 and nothing will change because we're here to envelop ourselves in something that the original members of UWE decided to share with us in a great form of art known as Natural Selection. If you have a problem with players on servers you play on, try and complain to an admin not on forums where you shit up actual discussion. If you don't like how the admin does his job then that is entirely your problem.
  • FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    But the moral of the story is that guys in pub dont know what they are doing.

What a horrible and inaccurate sweeping generalisation.

There's no difference saying this than there is to someone saying 'all comp players are arrogant/elitist etc.'

Unfortunately you will find toxic people in this community just like in any other and the levels of toxicity can range from silly trolling like derailing threads and posting nothing useful (prime example in this thread) right up to the people that will try and kick vote you just for having a Rookie tag. The NS2 player base is quite small and combined with a steep learning curve and high expectations on commanders it can exacerbate the feeling that there are toxic players everywhere. The Rookie tag does have a certain stigma attached to it, but you'll lose it once you play enough games (it might be worth sticking to rookie servers until that time).

• migalskimigalski Boston Join Date: 2014-07-02 Member: 197181Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    maD maX wrote: »
    Edit* but to be the bigger person here and show that I am willing to learn from a "pro" Which point do you "disagree with"...and why?

1. Pub strats and Pro strats need to be different.
    Yes and no, so while some strats will not work in higher player count games such as dropping an extra ip fast and playing 6 field until 2 2 shotties, most however will. I you arc warehouse on tram within maybe 4 minutes and can properly hold it, the aliens wont have bile and cant clear you properly. Veil is a map that most strats ARE competitive strats because of how simply they are. Hold system arc nano or hold east and dome and arc, then jp rush or walk in earlier. Each strat is different, each works in a different way. You can't generalize them.
    3. 1000's of hours of Pub experience doesn't make one experienced in Pub Play.
    True
    5. Competitive players have recycled IPs to rush Upgrades
    Extreme example, i've seen it happen twice in 1000+ hours of comp. Often the only time this is viable is if the commander built it to have buildings to recycle for res if everything went downhill.
    8. Completive players who's only means of communication include the Med/Ammo request, "you guys Suck", "commander med me I'm carrying the team" while muting everyone... Are NOT team players.
    True, but these players are usually very low skill comp players who need to grow up. This is is maybe 10 players in the comp scene and not very good either.
    10. Some strategy even an average one, is better then no plan.
    Uhm yes?
    Because I can defend each of my statements
    1. Any decent strategist/manager knows you must play with what you have and according to their ability. There is a clear difference in ability between a Pro and a Pub player. Accuracy, map awareness, ect... clearly they must be managed differently.
    Yes and no, it depends on the players themselves. I have met many competent pub players who i had a blast playing with and vice versa there's countless "pro" bots who can really only aim...
    4. How else is "experience" defined then in hours... And if more then 3,000 hours isn't experienced then good lord we are all screwed. (if its hive skill, LOL, I hit 3.1k not long ago....) Whats your metric?
    Do you listen? Better than 90% of pub players already, i don't think you can honestly define experience other than watching how they play. I started playing comp at 700~ hours, use to just be a good pub stomper but got destroyed by real players. at 2600~ hours now, i can break down where players are making stupid mistakes such as positioning, checking corners, turning corners and so on.
    7. You got me... I have no idea how realistic this is, I heard someone say this and I believed them.
    Don't know what this is in relation to.
    11. If you have ever managed anyone then you should know that communication is key. Just as important is utilizing your entire team effectively. Focusing 99% of your attention on the single high performer is terrible management. What happens when he is home sick? Do your other players feel satisfied and keep playing?
    You shouldn't focus all the attention on 1 player regardless of how good he is. If he kills the other team over and over but you lose every rt that's terrible. Commander is a combination of coordinating attacks and helping your team win engagements however possible whether the dude is 90 and 10 or 15 and 25 it shouldn't really matter too much. At most it may be some med priority.
    14. Yup some Pub players are terrible strategists, "kurlo" cant stand his pub strats... BUT people listen to him and have fun, heck they even work against poorly organized opponents. But that's what pubs are...
    True, but some players also want to win, to each his own in my opinion, but if he is the commander i will try to listen to what he asks.
    edited October 2016
    If you stop playing because of words or what people say then you need to grow a pair!

You may not have played in a while but there is now a feature to mute (both chat and voice) of other players. So if someone annoys you, simply mute them.

If people don't like the way you command, so what? And so what if they eject you? Don't take it personal. If you completely stop playing a game because of words others say or they eject you as commander, then you are defintily taking it personal. - life must be stressful for someone like this.

People need to learn to chill and not take things so personal, especially from strangers online. I don't understand why people get personally upset, angry, frustrated or whatever, especially when they can mute or block another person

You lack reading comprehension.
    I don't care about what they say, I am quite adept and muting and ignoring people.
    However, once you start kicking me from servers and commander slots for no reason at all, other than the fact that you want to take my spot or don't like the fact that I've got a green tag in front of my name, you've crossed the line. Now your toxic stupidity and selfish disregard for other players is directly impacting my ability to play the game and have fun, and no amount of ignoring you will change that.

edited October 2016
    Archie wrote: »
    @Rise In regards to your experience, even if you played NS1, NS2 Alpha/Beta it makes absolutely zero difference, generally you'll be on a server where most of the players have a specific format of playing, if you aren't medding people or if you are picking and choosing who to med based on there ability to move to a location you want, you're likely to get backlash for that and are slow to begin with. Everyone even the trolls who aren't very good deserve medpacks, it's just about management, especially when you will be playing with people who have also played as long and longer than you.

Your invented scenerio is completely irrelevant to anything that was posted.

They literally kicked me in the first 20-30 seconds of alien commander just because someone deemed I was not placing down cysts fast enough. I was familiarizing myself with the new layout, and was building stuff, just not the way they thought I should.

Followed up with a votekick from the server.

Even worse is when you are kicked for no other reason than having a rookie tag, or because someone wants to take your spot on a team so they lie about you being afk.

This toxic disregard for others is worse than Dota or LoL, because at least there toxic players rarely try to grief you in order to prevent you from being able to play.

This kind of treatment was routine outside of the rookie servers. I may not have gotten kicked from the rookie servers, but the more experienced "rookies" were generally all verbally toxic.
    If this is how they treat green tag players, this game is doomed to a slow death.
    Even worse if they treat non-rookie players this way, which appears to be the case.

Regardless of what you tell yourself, community matters. I've played since NS1 first came out, and never have I ever felt like the community was so toxic and harmful to a fun play experience that I wanted to stop playing altogether.

• IxianIxian Denmark Join Date: 2014-03-16 Member: 194783Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited October 2016
    Man what a can of worms. Can a man not play the game on his own premise anymore, without someone reprimanding me? Mad Max is litterally being the guy he hates, which I cannot help to find quite funny.
    Foxy wrote: »
    There's no difference saying this than there is to someone saying 'all comp players are arrogant/elitist etc.

I am litterally saying this about myself too. I dont play pub to try hard. When I play pub, I dont want to be annoyed, i dont want to rage, i dont want to be a detriment to the game. So rather the belittle everyone about how little they know about the game, which is VERY easy to do, I simply ignore them instead. It is simply not worth my time.

___

Fortunately i am not pissed off, so i will not go on a long rant. I would much rather leave you be, to play the game as you desire.

• AbsurdonAbsurdon Germany Join Date: 2015-02-09 Member: 201274Members
    Me- I spawn in, hear a gorge in log... and phase to hub. Watch 8 red dots enter marine start.... wait, and no beacon, power out.

so you tell me u heard the gorge and ignored it? WTF dude its ur fault. u could have ez scouted that. atleast smthn like: "heard a gorge in logi. u might wanna scan that"