Going to experimental

BranjomanBranjoman Join Date: 2016-09-28 Member: 222682Members
A quick question, what is the chance of my current save being corrupted or destroyed in some way if I update from stable to experimental; I want all the goodies that come with it.

Comments

• Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    Minimal.
    Also, you can always just back it up first, and restore it if necessary.
  • MiralityMirality New Zealand Join Date: 2016-08-05 Member: 221004Members
    Going forward is usually fine. You won't be able to go back, though, so back it up first if you think you might want to play stable again before the next update. (Or start a new save for that.)
  • jpinardjpinard Join Date: 2016-09-17 Member: 222373Members
    Branjoman wrote: »
    A quick question, what is the chance of my current save being corrupted or destroyed in some way if I update from stable to experimental; I want all the goodies that come with it.

I'm curious why you decided to go experimental? I've been thinking that too.
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    While there allways is some risk, its (should) only change stuff in the actively developed biomes (If you build your base there, and that area(chunk) gets updated, it gets overwritten by the new mapdata)