Lava zone loading problems

FluffersFluffers United States Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204749Members
Are the loading problems still in the lava zones? Where the roof doesn't load in because the caves are too massive, causing you to see the ocean above you and even the aurora?

Comments

• P4R4D0X1C4LP4R4D0X1C4L Louisiana, USA Join Date: 2016-10-13 Member: 223086Members
    My first adventure in the lava zones was horrible. My game was lagging enough to clip me through the floors. I got stuck and had to salvage my PRAWN, TP out, spawn a new PRAWN, and put my upgrades into that one. Jump jet helped me with that. However, I did not get the graphical "glitch" that you did. I'll let you know if I do and see if I can do anything to fix it. What are your video settings set to?
  • FluffersFluffers United States Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204749Members
    All maxed out, I don't have any frame lag or any performance issues, but when I'm in the larger areas of the lava zone where the roof is really high, the game just doesn't load it in.
  • P4R4D0X1C4LP4R4D0X1C4L Louisiana, USA Join Date: 2016-10-13 Member: 223086Members
    Are you piloting any suits, or is this consistent even through each vehicle?
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    Streaming in terrain is one of the things we are working on improving, and probably will be right up to release. As you've probably noticed, the Lava Chamber happens to be the place where it's the worst because of how big the area is. If you've been playing experimental, you've probably seen quite a few changes to the fog in that area, as we try to figure out a balance between visibility and hiding the areas where terrain is not visible. Hopefully we can make some technical improvements as well.
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members

Insane wrote: »
    Streaming in terrain is one of the things we are working on improving, and probably will be right up to release. As you've probably noticed, the Lava Chamber happens to be the place where it's the worst because of how big the area is. If you've been playing experimental, you've probably seen quite a few changes to the fog in that area, as we try to figure out a balance between visibility and hiding the areas where terrain is not visible. Hopefully we can make some technical improvements as well.

Thank you so much! I have experienced that too, and it has been a wee bit annoying.