Edge of Map Creature/Deep Open Water Creature

MeyokoMeyoko Join Date: 2016-10-09 Member: 223009Members
My idea here is that you could create a large eel like creature (even more so than the other leviathan types or the ampeel) that could be hostile and swim around either the void and or the large, open, deep spaces of water, such as the water under the floater island, or maybe swimming around the floating islands.

Comments

• EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    IIRC they're already going to put the big ones out there.
  • randomstrangerrandomstranger somewhere Join Date: 2016-10-10 Member: 223020Members
    they could put in some kind of carnivorous plant that would pull you down if you go to far out
  • tickeratickera Australia Join Date: 2016-05-06 Member: 216399Members
    Like Jack and Daxter, where you go into the water and a big shark eats you.
  • hugothesilverdragonhugothesilverdragon canad Join Date: 2015-11-30 Member: 209620Members
    lost river leviathan out in the abyss alive ?
    lost river leviathan out in the abyss alive ?

Yeah, I believe it was Sea Dragon Leviathans they were going to put out there. According to wiki on SDL:
    The Sea Dragon Leviathan may spawn outside of the map borders, in the void, as a means to discourage players from leaving the map.

Not sure what the specific source on that it, though.
  • P4R4D0X1C4LP4R4D0X1C4L Louisiana, USA Join Date: 2016-10-13 Member: 223086Members
    I read that as well. Only issue: What if I'm too OP for the Sea Dragons to handle xD
    Then you get what we get now. Press W for a week until the coordinates system goes too high and things start moving around funny because of floating point errors.
  • hugothesilverdragonhugothesilverdragon canad Join Date: 2015-11-30 Member: 209620Members
    well there is going to have a lileypad biome so maybe it could be there?
    i do think they should not use sea dragons in stead they should use like a tunnel fum the lots river and you hear this Godzilla roar and then have a decedent of the lost river animal that makes up the bone field swallow whatever you are using hole with you in it
  • CAPSHAWCAPSHAW Nevada Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Members
    they could put in some kind of carnivorous plant that would pull you down if you go to far out

Ancient tentacle of symbiotic creepvine and drooping stinger shoots up and crushes your ship.
  • CAPSHAWCAPSHAW Nevada Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Members
    Or a whole bunch of dead creepvine and infeced bodies, that you cant navigate through...that may be taking it too far.
  • HectorroseHectorrose Join Date: 2016-10-16 Member: 223161Members
    OK so I have this cool idea, so you know the huge Skelton in the lost river, it has 3 eyes and it is huge, and players would always be scared to meet it. So what if when you went into the void, it would start playing ominous music, and then since it very dark in the void, it would start a cinematic you would just see the bright greenish yellow eyes of the huge creature blink open one by one, your screen would go dark and you would just hear sounds of the hung shark crushing your sub, and you would go the last save, because it would be annoying af to lose your cyclops. (like what they did in the trailer after you see the sea emperor). This would be very easy to make for the devs because all they have to animate would be the opening of the eyes, and it would scare the player into not coming back. It would also keep the player thinking about how insignificant he and his sub are to the world of subNautica.

please comment on what you think of this idea and agree so the devs can see it!!
  • AzurefireflowerAzurefireflower Canada Join Date: 2016-10-24 Member: 223349Members
    Running with the animation idea, instead of punishing the player by making them lose their things and roll back. Perhaps have the Cyclops/Seamoth/Prawn Suit teleported a safe distance from the edge of the map, or back to the players base, with the player potentially experiencing a short cut scene as if waking from a bad dream.

If the Cyclops particularly is moved to a distance away from the void, then it would allow players to respawn inside of their Cyclops. As it currently seems rather random on where your spawn point actually is, which could stop some glitches. The teleport location would need to be set at a certain depth though, to prevent ground collision issues.

But that's just my idea on how to make the player avoid the void without being seriously punished for not realizing they had exited the map.
  • ookasmcplookusookasmcplookus Join Date: 2016-10-22 Member: 223300Members
    Running with the animation idea, instead of punishing the player by making them lose their things and roll back. Perhaps have the Cyclops/Seamoth/Prawn Suit teleported a safe distance from the edge of the map, or back to the players base, with the player potentially experiencing a short cut scene as if waking from a bad dream.

If the Cyclops particularly is moved to a distance away from the void, then it would allow players to respawn inside of their Cyclops. As it currently seems rather random on where your spawn point actually is, which could stop some glitches. The teleport location would need to be set at a certain depth though, to prevent ground collision issues.

But that's just my idea on how to make the player avoid the void without being seriously punished for not realizing they had exited the map.

what the what? I can't tell if you read my long list of suggestions or not, but if not, that's pretty close to the same idea I put in there. Given the differences I can only assume we both came up with almost the same solution at around the same time, scary. I guess to add onto what you've already said, don't give the player back their vehicle immediately, let the creature out there mess with it a few days, this would be enough of an inconvenience to discourage the player doing it again too soon. When it does come back, have it arrive at a random spot on the ocean floor needing repairs with the welder; the random spot should be 200m from the surface so that the player can get there presumably without any vehicle, and I suggested have the spot close to the playable area / void border just so they have that feeling of uneasiness instilled in them of it possibly happening again while they retrieve the vehicle. Take a look at my suggestion for the Void in my long list for the full thing.
  • randomstrangerrandomstranger somewhere Join Date: 2016-10-10 Member: 223020Members
    it could be like you go down and about 10,000 metres down your pda thingy says that recent scans show that an extremely large life form has been detected and that you should exit this area immediately and then when its finished talking you land on the bottom of the void except the ground is like soft and warm, but then, you explore further and you see rows and rows of teeth, and that is when you realise that you are inside of a giant creatures mouth but it is too late because it gives off an earth shuddering roar and you are eaten.