Really bad FPS drops on high-end gear

lllCornholiollllllCornholiolll Sweden Join Date: 2016-10-01 Member: 222764Members
So I have a 4770k 4,4Ghz OC with an AMD Radeon 295x2 8GB, 8 GB RAM, 250 Samsung SSD Evo and for some reason I get these really BAD FPS drops in the game, like it had to almost freeze the game for about 0.5-1s to load something. I normally have 100-200 FPS depending on the settings, and it will drop down to very low like 10 or 0 for a split second.
I tried turning all the graphics to the highest and to the lowest, and these drops still occur. Also with the Crossfire on and off, same.
Is there anything I can do to fix this? Why do these drops occur, it can happen in the middle of fights which instantly kills me.

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Welcome to the tech support.

The issue you have could have all kind of sources (and could even be caused by server you play on). To get an idea what it is please follow http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/131384/how-to-make-a-good-tech-support-post-read-me-first .

If you continue to see the issue afterwards please follow these steps:
    Type "p_logall" without quotes in the console (~ key) whenever you want to begin recording in game (don't do this until you at least spawn in a round)
    then you can p_endlog /or just wait for the round to end/ or map to change/ or just quit the game and it will end automatically.

Then navigate to your appdata/home config folder
    e.g %appdata%/natural selection 2/
    And you will find your file, something *.plog
    Zip it/ compress it.
    Attach it to your tech support post

This will give us a frame by frame analysis of what is going on, so try to pick a time when you can best reproduce your lowest performance.
    Don't record for longer than 30 minutes, and don't record for shorter than 5.

Also you can use the commands r_stats and net_stats to enable the monitor prints for both the render pipeline and network which are most likely the sources of your frame drops.