Can save files be corrupted?

simple1onefgsimple1onefg Join Date: 2016-10-09 Member: 223002Members
edited October 2016 in Subnautica on Consoles
I had a game on Survival that was taking forever to load or would crash when attempting to load. After restarting Xbox, it finally loaded, but I was nearly frozen, could only move one step every minute or so (every subsequent restart yielded the same result).

I tried a new game in the other open slots and they all worked fine; is there any way to fix my Survival game? I had just built my first base after buying the game last night and playing a few hours, so no big deal if I have to restart, but if this is a risk with every save that it won't run well when I come back the next day, wondering if I should even bother.

Sorry if this is answered somewhere else, I didn't see it.

Comments

• Pirate_finPirate_fin Finland Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217797Members
    It could be a bug, because i started new game after dangerous creatures update was released and when i started playing again later that day, framerate was really bad (like slideshow bad) :(
  • simple1onefgsimple1onefg Join Date: 2016-10-09 Member: 223002Members
    Thanks- was that save unplayable after that? Did you start a new game, and if so, did you run into that issue again?
    Yep, the save was unplayable and i haven't started new game yet, but i can try tomorrow if a new save works or if framerate is still awful.
  • MayaMidnightMayaMidnight NC Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217074Members
    edited October 2016
    It is recommended that after an update to Subnautica you start a new game, if not it's possible that things could go wrong causing bugs and other issues. If starting a new save doesn't fix it I'd recommend reinstalling the game.

Seeing as how you just bought the game is very odd because it shouldn't be doing that, mine hasn't done that so I can't say for sure but if two people are experiencing the same thing it could be worth mentioning to one of the developers.
    Started new save (again) and now framerate seems to be fine, but let's see how long this save works :cold_sweat:
  • MayaMidnightMayaMidnight NC Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217074Members
    I think I may have experienced what you both have previously stated. I started my game save that I haven't played since the update came out on the 6th and when it finally loaded it was so laggy I could barely move, tried starting a new game and it fixed temporarily but seems to be slowly reverting back to the way it was. Must be a bug or something else.