Game won't take screen shots

SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
I just tried to get some screen shots. Pressing F11 caused a flicker, but no screen shot appeared in my PDA.

Comments

• Alex_INFERNOAlex_INFERNO Russia, Moscow Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214036Members
    edited October 2016
    Are you playing via Steam? If YES - check options there: select there Subnautica game->right click on it->Properties->General->Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game
    I think that your problem is there.
  • FrigidmanFrigidman USA Join Date: 2016-09-25 Member: 222587Members
    edited October 2016
    When I first began the game, my screenshots in the PDA were bugged out too. First, it didn't show new shots at all. Then the ONE shot it had in there, I couldnt delete for the life of me.

Then suddenly... it sorted itself out. The prior screenshot I tried to delete, was gone (only its thumbnail existed)... and then there was a slew of other shots I had mashed the f11 on. So I removed those all and all was working fine.

Steam overlay only needs to be enabled if you want to take screenshots using steam itself (not the in-game screenshot hotkey).

The in-game screenshot key, will hide all the hud stuff (thus the flash/blink), making a cleaner screenshot.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    @Frigidman Much the same thing just happened to me. I logged back into the game and all the shots I took yesterday were there in my PDA, as though nothing had ever been wrong. Weird.
  • FrigidmanFrigidman USA Join Date: 2016-09-25 Member: 222587Members
    Wondering if it has to do something with the first time you actually go to use the feature. Had you used the pda screenshot feature ever before this occurred?

For me it was, but then I just started the game not too long ago, so everything is a 'first time' here =p
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Frigidman wrote: »
    Wondering if it has to do something with the first time you actually go to use the feature. Had you used the pda screenshot feature ever before this occurred?

@Frigidman definitely not a first-time use issue. I've had the game for a long time - since the H2O update - and have taken many a screenshot.
  • god0606god0606 Italy Join Date: 2016-10-20 Member: 223261Members
    Guys if you having trouble with screenshots, the game actually does take the screenshot but they don't appear in your screenshot inventory untill you reload the safe file. Going to the main menu and getting back inside fixes it.
    Yeah, figured that out @god0606 ... but they normally appear in my PDA right away, so it caught me off-guard.
  • ImmortalHunterImmortalHunter Surrey BC Canada Earth Join Date: 2016-10-04 Member: 222853Members
    Well with XB1 screenshots just don't happen unless you use the tap home twice and press Y or if your a sucker and got kinect.