Food processing.

ArtoriusArtorius Indiana USA Join Date: 2016-09-02 Member: 221998Members
edited September 2016 in Ideas and Suggestions
It would be nice to have a micro-kitchen for food processing.
a2085484b49be10f7a23d35e56ec0586.jpg
573969f9c8f3638e8971d237ce22a937.jpg

This would allow for processing food into more things. The result would be letting players hunt larger fish and process them into blocks of meat.
The meat would be stored in refrigerators or freezers or be cured. The same for vegetables and fruit.
Also nutrient blocks could be made by mixing meat, veggies and fruit.
Another thing would be food drinks. A liquid food that can be eaten easily and give food and hydration.
Multivitamin could be made here using various things.

Comments

• Alex_INFERNOAlex_INFERNO Russia, Moscow Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214036Members
    edited September 2016
    heh prety nice... 'home-sweet-home' I don't know why - but these pics remind me inner interior of spaceships in StarCitizen game... But realy prety nice :)
  • kajisorakajisora Join Date: 2016-09-27 Member: 222646Members
    I'd definitely appreciate some way to process veggies for long term storage. Moving away from eating the fishies and all ;)
    A way to prepare meals would also be interesting, especially given the Torgals mention cooking in their logs.
    Nutrient blocks, if implemented for crafting, should probably be endgame only. Maybe with a specific machine that requires both power and biomass. They're way too powerful otherwise.
  • ArtoriusArtorius Indiana USA Join Date: 2016-09-02 Member: 221998Members
    Maybe this could combine with @EvilSmoo 's food block machine. Having a tiny kitchen and the ability to prepare more than basic foods. Such as food blocks for big energy and food blends for slight increases in nutrient output. For instance, like the food block idea, have certain "pleasant" prepared meals provide more benefit due to balanced blend of nutrients as well as the survivors enjoyment. A little like resting helps regain health. Having food the person enjoys gives a slight benefit. In te same manner that the super-blend of the nutrient blocks gives a boost for its storage size.
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    Good for a modding idea, but I can't really see how this hooks into core gameplay. I haven't seen the objects and physics working in ways that would make this work. Besides, we're infected shipwreck survivors on a planet where something like a third of the fauna wants to kill us, there are several other priorities higher than spice racks...

I recall one Skyrim-modding video that did awesome food stuff.
  • badgerfrothbadgerfroth Darlington UK Join Date: 2016-04-10 Member: 215599Members
    EvilSmoo wrote: »
    ...there are several other priorities higher than spice racks...

I'm Sorry, but as soon as my lifepod crashes into the ocean the first thing on my mind is setting up the BBQ and having the condiments ready to go!

This is why some chairs, decking and a beer fridge should be fitted on the top of the Cyclops, as these are far more essential than some spinning do-dahs and a camera.

Party on my Cyclops beside floater island. All survivors welcome.
    Bring your own fish.