Disappearing Solar Panels

BDelacroixBDelacroix Florida Join Date: 2016-04-08 Member: 215511Members
I went back to the standard build from experimental since I couldn't even get experimental to start. This is 38227 Sep-2016.
I have built a + shaped corridor as my first base and placed four solar panels on top.
A strange thing happens when I build a window. The solar panels disappear.

Comments

• BDelacroixBDelacroix Florida Join Date: 2016-04-08 Member: 215511Members
    One more piece of information. These panels were set on top of the + shaped corridor. I was making windows at the ends of the corridors.
    They did not disappear if I placed them outside on a foundation.
  • FrigidmanFrigidman USA Join Date: 2016-09-25 Member: 222587Members
    I had two solar panels vanish from a foundation above my main area of building when I added a moon room. They just went poof, and then everything went into emergency power mode. And I didn't have any quartz on me either at the time, so I was peeved.
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    Console. Nocost. Done.
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    @Evilsmoo If they'd rather cheat at the game than trying to solve a bug, then sure. But then you might as well be playing Creative mode instead of having fun.

Back to OP, I have it happen when I install a Hatch on a corridor more than once. I've had to start carrying spare quartz and get in the habit of creating the Solar Panel as the last task to prevent it from going poof.
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    Or build it on terrain near the base, they don't need to be physically connected.

Besides, there's nothing wrong with using console commands to counter bugs. Report the bug, rebuild the whatever, continue.
  • v497_vesperv497_vesper Join Date: 2016-08-21 Member: 221558Members
    to the OP of this thread:- If you are having difficulty starting up experimental try going into your game options and under the launch options in your game use this command:
    -vrmode none
    it fixed my game although I hope this gets patched soon so we won't have to use this command
  • BDelacroixBDelacroix Florida Join Date: 2016-04-08 Member: 215511Members
    Since this isn't release yet, just letting the powers that be know about it. Not too fussed about it really.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    This bug has existed in the game for a long time now. Really hoping it gets fixed soon, because it is really annoying.
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    edited October 2016
    EvilSmoo wrote: »
    Or build it on terrain near the base, they don't need to be physically connected. Besides, there's nothing wrong with using console commands to counter bugs. Report the bug, rebuild the whatever, continue.

You're right, I'll console in items lost from being erased from the game, like quartz/titanium if the Solar Panel goes poof. Also forgive me for my earlier comment, I had confused NOCOST with the NOENERGY command; I thought you were advocating free unlimited power in normal gameplay... Sorry about that. :confused: