Should I switch to experimental to not potentially lose Cyclops?

jpinardjpinard Join Date: 2016-09-17 Member: 222373Members
I saw a lot of people lost their Cyclops, something I still don't have blueprints yet to build. In anticipation of hopefully finding them and building one tonight or tomorrow, should I be on the experimental build, then turn off auto-update since I don't get further wild updates? Or is there a good chance I won't lose my Cyclops and since I'm still discovering stuff in the game I should avoid experimental build?

Comments

• SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    I recommend sticking with stable.
  • Harry82Harry82 France Join Date: 2016-08-23 Member: 221617Members
    edited September 2016
    Well, you could always build yourself one naturally, save the game and reload, and if it's still there, great but if not you can just spawn one in with the console command sub cyclops. The spawned one SHOULD stay...but just test it before you go building things inside it etc.

And yeah, stay in stable. I tried experimental between the PRAWN and Dangerous Creatures updates. It was cool to have the PRAWN suit "early" but was not nearly as polished gameplay wise as stable.
  • jpinardjpinard Join Date: 2016-09-17 Member: 222373Members
    Awesome, thanks so much for your advice!
  • Space_JesusSpace_Jesus Join Date: 2013-02-01 Member: 182732Members
    Make sure to enter your new Cyclops once it's spawned and then save. It's weird like that.