High Pitched Computer Voice

DracoCretelDracoCretel Join Date: 2016-09-25 Member: 222607Members
edited September 2016 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
I have not been able to easily replicate this bug, but every so often the computer will respond with a very high pitched voice. It's not even limited to the voice, but just about any sound in the game, such as the fabricators or even the sounds from the lifepod's emergency radio. Everything gets sped up and is high pitched.

This is for the build 38227 Sep-2016. It didn't have in the last build I was playing.

Comments

• LysaLysa UK Join Date: 2016-09-19 Member: 222420Members
    It's the pinky/perky effect lol. Yes I've noticed this a lot too and it seems to be random in when it happens and what it says. Sometimes the speech is normal speed and then other times it's too fast. As Draco said it is only since the latest update.

(you do remember Pinky & Perky children's program right?) ;)
  • jpinardjpinard Join Date: 2016-09-17 Member: 222373Members
    Yep I'm getting this a LOT as well.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited September 2016
    Same here. Thought it was on purpose at first, like a glitch in the communication panel from the emergency evac of the Aurora crash, but then I heard it in my base and figured it was a new BUG.

Oh, I'm not playing in the experimental versions, this is the mainline version.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    When I get the fast-speech bug, it pauses for a moment, then plays the sound almost a complete 2nd time. "Warning, 30 seconds of oxygen remaining." becomes "warning30secondsofoxygenremaining ... warning30secondsofoxygenrem" (I don't remember if it happened to that specific line, but it did happen to some of the computer voice.)
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    narfblat wrote: »
    When I get the fast-speech bug, it pauses for a moment, then plays the sound almost a complete 2nd time. "Warning, 30 seconds of oxygen remaining." becomes "warning30secondsofoxygenremaining ... warning30secondsofoxygenrem" (I don't remember if it happened to that specific line, but it did happen to some of the computer voice.)

I thought that it was pretty obvious. It's playing the correct voice file for the correct time, except it's just playing it too fast, and looping.

I haven't heard it recur in experimental, though. EA glitch, already fixed, so meh.
  • FrigidmanFrigidman USA Join Date: 2016-09-25 Member: 222587Members
    If its not in experimental branch, thats great news.

The super-fast random sounds is a bit much over time. Its every sound too affected, not just the voice overs.
  • stevenwojostevenwojo Texas, USA Join Date: 2016-09-11 Member: 222252Members
    When I had this, it would alternate with super slow sound as well... Once, playing at night with the lights off, I heard a reaper in a very deep slow scream... Had to turn the game off and go change my pants.
  • Alex_INFERNOAlex_INFERNO Russia, Moscow Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214036Members
  • StampVoetStampVoet NL Join Date: 2014-10-21 Member: 199072Members
    I've also been experiencing the same problems.
    It's an issue that becomes worse over time, the first hour of playing there's nothing wrong then from time to time the audio plays back about 1.5 times faster then normal (Some music tracks become awesome SubStep (c)StampVoet ).
    Then after time progresses the bug happens more frequent and also some audio fragments play back a lot slower making even the cutest fish the most scary monsters there are.

Example of SubStep (play at 1.5x speed):