Siege Avoca - 174.64.100.165

KKyleKKyle Michigan Join Date: 2005-07-01 Member: 55067Members
edited August 2016 in Modding
Season 3. My third year in a row writing siege. Though this time I have 2 years of writings to hybrid together into this year. Today I have a presention to show: Imaginator and Researcher: Along with other mods displayed in the video: But the main point is the imaginator and researcher taking over the roles of commander, that turns off whenever a commander hops in, ya dig.

https://github.com/KyleAbent/Siege-Avoca/tree/8.25/lua

Comments

• KKyleKKyle Michigan Join Date: 2005-07-01 Member: 55067Members
    These two playtests mimic siege from 2014 and 2015 without the requirements of a full server, but with 12 bots max and 4 players

Skip to bestofsiege footage, seriously a blast

edited September 2016
    With everything more and more stable as the days go by I find myself playing more and more rounds with the formulas given, much like writing a song, with structure, beggining, middle, end.. all having their own little perks and rules in between every little microscopic detail for me to mod in.

edited September 2016

http://ns2siege.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=240&p=798#p798

/going by memory

checkout this round: It starts off with a human marine commander (and myself) vs 2 human gorges (and bots both sides). Eventually the human hopped out and the round became autocomm vs autocomm.

aliensiege2:

Aliens takeover Big Room after front door opens, and constantly bring in structures to big room, hall juan, and marine base. Marines try to push up, but when they do, they're reminded to defend... because of the constant attacks anywhere there is a defense to cover (mainly arcs).

The whole round wasn't one sided. It felt, equal. A constant back and forward, keeping the attention span for anyone involved (For about 20 mins?).

The only issues i saw where: Yellow plugs 20/25 tick, avoca arcs spamming too many scans, and fishy activity regarding siegearcs.. possibly unlimited amount spawning, and weird activity with the last hive attempting to be shot at, when the arcs appear to be aiming at an already dead hive.. which appears to take X seconds to kick itself in arse.

As of typing, I've adjusted a few settings on avocaarc that may help some server calculations be less demanding, slightly. This will go live after 9.18 (for real this time)

anyway enjoy the round as I did.

• meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited September 2016
    This isnt appearing in the list of threads in Modding for me, odd
    @Foxy ?