Enter the Roadmap - Natural Selection 2

13»

Comments

• Bike_ManBike_Man USA Join Date: 2016-03-12 Member: 214124Members
    I hope the comp scene slowly can restart. I always wanted to join in, but never could reliably play.
  • MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    edited August 2016
    Bike_Man wrote: »
    I hope the comp scene slowly can restart. I always wanted to join in, but never could reliably play.

That will depend on the comp players tbh..

It really seems like It was their own self entitled "UWE owes us everything" attitude that killed comp more than anything else.. (ie refusing to use a seperate comp build when its pretty much exactly what they asked for, a stable build unaffected by recent updates)

That being said I hope comp restarts simply because it drew most of the 2-3k+ "carry" players that commonly ruin pub balance, into gathers against each other..
  • Deck_Deck_ Join Date: 2014-07-20 Member: 197526Members
    Bike_Man wrote: »

That is the hope. Review comp scene information at ensl.org - you can also join gathers which are usually played on sundays right now. Building up to a potential season 10.
  • MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    edited August 2016
    Deck_ wrote: »
    That is the hope. Review comp scene information at ensl.org - you can also join gathers which are usually played on sundays right now. Building up to a potential season 10.

Awesome! Good to know.
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
    Frozen wrote: »
    At the end of the day, UWE could have waited 2 weeks until season 9 ended before breaking the game and way less people would have quit. The changes should coincide to show unity. Oh shit like OW

That was the greatest complaint of players... but hey, player retention cannot wait! x)
  • barniebarnie Join Date: 2016-07-26 Member: 220695Members
    Is the NSL Season 9 beta branch functional or not?
    If so I would love to see a server running it.
    No healthbars? Old Hitboxes? Old serverbrowser without ping-bars and large server discrimination?
    A dream come true.
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
    Theoretically, all it would nead is to launch steamcmd with
    -beta nsl_season_9
  • Mattk50Mattk50 Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182824Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2016
    Kasharic wrote: »
    Mattk50 wrote: »
    The sad thing is that steam has native ability to let devs host old versions, it would be trivial. Give us the build a few versions before healthbars, let people just play the game they paid for, and it wouldnt be as bad.

soooo... you mean this then?
    3UwcwVL.jpg

Yeah, feel free to get server hosts to set up and use the exact build you requested above... and then let people know that a server is using the exact build you requested.

problem solved yeah?

kk, we can move on now.
    Guess you didn't read my post before replying, goes to show the kind of people im up against here. That version doesnt have auth, my post was edited with that info before you replied. Including the info that the version is literally disabled, they've turned off auth for it so you'd need to crack it.
  • TinCanTinCan Join Date: 2006-12-11 Member: 59010Members
    Did I miss the "QA with the Devs" Video Update?
    {if no then
    When can we expect the "QA with the Devs" Video Update?
  • barniebarnie Join Date: 2016-07-26 Member: 220695Members
    Including the info that the version is literally disabled, they've turned off auth for it so you'd need to crack it.

Are you sure that auth doesn't work? I switched to NSL branch and connected to a server successfully.
    Did you try to run Server and client off the same steam account, that might cause auth issues.
    But I could not play on the server something was broken everything ran in slowmo.
    (could be due to connecting to a build 307 server)
  • KeatsKeats United States Join Date: 2014-11-04 Member: 199413Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    TinCan wrote: »

You haven't missed it. I don't think they've given any timeline on that.

The sad thing is that steam has native ability to let devs host old versions, it would be trivial. Give us the build a few versions before healthbars, let people just play the game they paid for, and it wouldnt be as bad.

3UwcwVL.jpg

Yeah, feel free to get server hosts to set up and use the exact build you requested above... and then let people know that a server is using the exact build you requested.

problem solved yeah?

kk, we can move on now.
    Guess you didn't read my post before replying, goes to show the kind of people im up against here. That version doesnt have auth, my post was edited with that info before you replied. Including the info that the version is literally disabled, they've turned off auth for it so you'd need to crack it.

I put my server on that branch, the game runs, I connected to it fine. The round won't start though, because the UWEBalance mod (which can't be unloaded) does not work with that build.
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    edited September 2016
    Keats wrote: »
    I put my server on that branch, the game runs, I connected to it fine. The round won't start though, because the UWEBalance mod (which can't be unloaded) does not work with that build.

And to update on that, Ghoul fixed the incompatibility so all should now be good if you feel so inclined.
  • Jones108Jones108 Join Date: 2012-12-10 Member: 174670Members
    You are missing Lerk Plushies on your roadmap.
  • KasharicKasharic Hull, England Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184473Members, Forum Admins, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer

3UwcwVL.jpg

problem solved yeah?

kk, we can move on now.

no... no it wasn't, I watched this thread for a while after I made my post, it took you almost 2 hours to edit your post... but nice try at the bailout.
  • TinCanTinCan Join Date: 2006-12-11 Member: 59010Members
    TinCan wrote: »
    {if no then
    When can we expect the "QA with the Devs" Video Update?