Base attacking creatures?

747snoodles747snoodles United States Join Date: 2016-09-12 Member: 222259Members
Maybe we could have base attacking creatures that try to destroy your base (making leaks and such) and at first we would have to go at them with a knife but later in the game there's some sort of defense for them

Comments

• SigmalxSigmalx USA Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220132Members
    wouldnt be well received for new players
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    This seems to assume one only makes one base, or won't bases attacked if you aren't present? Why would the fishes do that in the first place?
  • MadeMyDayMadeMyDay Join Date: 2016-09-12 Member: 222267Members
    If you want to add attacking creatures, you must also add defense. At this point, you are there where you started. My opinion is, that can be done when the game is ready and the devs been bored.
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    Wasn't there a planned Creatures Attack update to go with the Transfuser?
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members

Sauce? Things happening would be interesting, but I imagine it could be challenging to balance between interesting and overwhelming for everyone.

Generally the best way to do that would be having the player set up something that does something, for plot reasons. Set up a bunch and a bunch of things come calling, set up just one and fewer "new friends" show up, but the something takes longer? So players have to trade off, either set up lots of defenses and invite many friends, or scale back and let it take longer.
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    EvilSmoo wrote: »

Sauce? Things happening would be interesting, but I imagine it could be challenging to balance between interesting and overwhelming for everyone.

Generally the best way to do that would be having the player set up something that does something, for plot reasons. Set up a bunch and a bunch of things come calling, set up just one and fewer "new friends" show up, but the something takes longer? So players have to trade off, either set up lots of defenses and invite many friends, or scale back and let it take longer.

I just remember seeing it on the old roadmap. Probably got scrapped, but who knows.
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    I started a test with some outdoor growbeds and tiger plants. I'm not sure how it worked, but the fish is away from my base.
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    I can confirm "Creatures Attack" was a thing. Pretty sure there was a topic about that two or three months ago even, what it was going to entail. It seems to have become "Dangerous Creatures", which focusses more on getting several creatures in and updating some.