Things I'd like to see added

stevenwojostevenwojo Texas, USA Join Date: 2016-09-11 Member: 222252Members
• Vehicles shouldn’t be powered when built, batteries/power cells should have to be placed after building. So many of these are collected from chests in and around Aurora, it would be nice to have a use for them.
• Seamoth should have an upgrade that allows a second power cell, which you find early on, to help bridge the gap to the efficiency module
• Add a construction module that would replace the mobile vehicle bay. It would work with the habitat builder in that all blueprints for all construction would be laid out with the habitat builder, a la augmented reality (Much like when one attempts construction without any ingredients in inventory), then you would fill the construction module with the necessary ingredients (titanium, glass, etc.) and the little robots would build said blueprint. Each construction would take some time so the robots could be kept busy, slowly expanding the habitat. Later they could act as sentries to guard the habitat against predators. I think this would improve the flow of the game, as you could go explore while your base is being constructed.
• When habitats are built, they should start unpowered and full of water (unless they are built on the surface, of course) and once power is added, air is slowly pumped in and the water pushed out. If the base loses power, it wouldn’t have all the oxygen just go away. Any plants, including the living walls, would aid in keeping the air breathable.
• Once built, the thermal plant should be able to be picked up and moved into position using the P.R.A.W.N. suit.
• Later in the game, the Bioreacter should be able to be repurposed into making that +75 food which the player starts the game with. Maybe have slots for plant and animal matter which it would use to process the food bars.
• Be able to convert a multi-purpose room into a storage room, which fabricators and the construction module could pull directly from, so it becomes unnecessary to have the items in your personal inventory, as long as said items are in the storage room.
• Be able to upgrade the moon pool with a welding arm, so it would auto repair whatever is docked. Also, have a new “welding kit” item that is consumed as the welder is used. Maybe at 1.5 times the speed that the battery is consumed. Should be simple ingredients to weld titanium, but have advanced kits for more advanced materials.
• Escape pod… It would be nice to be able to somehow attach it to one’s base, or failing that, to be able to deconstruct it for the raw materials. It would even be interesting if you came back later in the game to find someone had been there and left you a message. In any case, I feel bad just abandoning such a useful object
• Add a Cyclops docking hatch that could be built on top of a multipurpose room where one would normally build a ladder. Or maybe the hatch would be placeable on top of a vertical shaft. (I think I saw Cyclops docking on Trello, but I wanted to put it here as well)

Comments

• SigmalxSigmalx USA Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220132Members
    i mean, its not as bad idea. but you are asking for a complete overhaul very late into development. so yeah.

remember: its something challenging for a new player, but monotonous and tedium for veteran players who have to deal with it starting out a new save file on survival or hardcore.
  • 747snoodles747snoodles United States Join Date: 2016-09-12 Member: 222259Members
    I like a lot of these ideas, maybe instead of conversion you can just have a whole new construction option for the storage room, the welding arm mod is awesome, welding kit is ok it's got great balance but prevents long journeys unless it was cheap, the construction mechanics with the water and power I love please make them a thing devs!
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    I'd like to be able to add the "Sign" to the flat places on the OUTSIDE of the fabricated base sections, so if we have a large multilevel base, we can place large numbers on them indicating deck levels.

• crane476crane476 United States, Tx Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206850Members
    Well, the cyclops docking hatch is on the trello board at least. Not until January I think though.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    crane476 wrote: »
    Well, the cyclops docking hatch is on the trello board at least. Not until January I think though.

Last I looked it wasn't scheduled till February...
    If it doesn't fall off the list all together.
    B)
  • hugothesilverdragonhugothesilverdragon canad Join Date: 2015-11-30 Member: 209620Members
    there will be a cyclops dock in some time in 2017 so if you would just whate and saver the up dates