Am I the only one (MVB)...

HerugrimHerugrim The Poconos Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221402Members
...who wishes the Mobile Vehicle Bay was, mobile?

Half the time I deploy this thing it seems to wind up pointed at my base, which isn't a big deal for Seamoth and Prawn but dropping a cyclops on your house in the shallows and hoping you can scrape it off is irritating. If I can't aim it upon deployment, I should be able to steer it away at least.

And I get that the "Mobile" part of mobile vehicle bay is in reference to what it makes, but just being able to turn it I think would still be okay. Not like I'm looking to cruise to the Aurora with it (though that would be absolutely hilarious, Water Segway FTW!)

To see what I mean:

Comments

• RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    In fact, you can ''rotate'' it by swimming into it to turn it around in any direction that you wish. simply swim at any of its 4 orange floaters and it will kinda turn around on itself :smiley:
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Rainstorm wrote: »
    In fact, you can ''rotate'' it by swimming into it to turn it around in any direction that you wish. simply swim at any of its 4 orange floaters and it will kinda turn around on itself :smiley:

I did not know that! I always just put some space between myself and my base when I go to build.

@Herugrim it's also "mobile" in the sense that you can pick it up and carry it around, although "Portable" might have been a better adjective there. But calling it a "Mobile Behicle" bay is kinda like calling something a "Wet Swimming Pool" - it seems a little unnecessary.
  • crane476crane476 United States, Tx Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206850Members
    But it is mobile. If you don't like where it is pick it up and redeploy it in another location.
  • HerugrimHerugrim The Poconos Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221402Members
    Picking up an object does not make it mobile. Something that is mobile can move on its own. An object that doesn't is inanimate. If you can pick it up and carry it, it is portable, not mobile.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    edited September 2016
    Actually according to this; by definition something that can be readily moved is "mobile". I need not do so under its own power.

EDIT: For example, cell phones are frequently referred to as "mobile" phones, yet they clearly do not move themselves... yet.
  • LonnehartLonnehart Guam Join Date: 2016-06-20 Member: 218816Members
    I tend to think of the thing as a "mobile vehicle platform"...
  • DelmarKaneDelmarKane US Join Date: 2016-08-31 Member: 221945Members
    Yea, found this out when I made my first cyclops. I created it, not knowing how big it was, in a shallow area of the safe shallows. This is when I found out the MVB could be packed up and moved, along with you can push it around a bit if needed...and that the cyclops CAN indeed be beached and rendered immobile. /grin
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    I'd like to see the MVB be turned into an actual vehicle itself, maybe via an upgrade. It's a shame, you craft it to make the Seamoth, Cyclops and Exosuit but otherwise it just sits floating near you lifepod unused. It would be nice to drive around on the surface of the water like a pontoon, and have it set as a surface beacon when exploring.