@unknown worlds - I hope you guys become millionaires

bparkerson04bparkerson04 Join Date: 2016-08-21 Member: 221564Members
I say this in all seriousness. This game is incredible! I was watching a video on YouTube about some of the new stuff on the PC (precursors) and I am so excited about the future of this game.

You guys have made something incredible and I hope you all become millionaires for your hard work. This is one of the best games I've ever played.

Comments

• GlemishGlemish Oklahoma Join Date: 2016-08-08 Member: 221085Members
    Hope they make piles of money so they can make another amazing game but with a bigger team, which means a faster release date.
  • Slim360Slim360 Austria Join Date: 2016-09-02 Member: 221992Members
    Damn right! If I would be a millionaire I would support you with millions. I never played games like this ( I am a core gamer playing shooter and racing games in triple A class). But subnautica pulls me under water and don't let me lose. I love the setting and the style of your game. I pray to get the frame rate fixed. Microsoft should support you in technical things. Thank you unknown worlds. Hype your game too be a million seller! You and your game deserve it.
  • SamNauticaSamNautica Join Date: 2016-08-22 Member: 221596Members
    OMG I know right! I play the NHL EA Sports franchise and am used to expensive games every year. It was amazing to get such a quality game for so cheap. Heck, having played it, I would buy it for 80$. DON'T GET ANY IDEAS THOUGH DEVS!

jk I know they wouldn't do that.
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    I very much hope we become millionaires, too :) Not holding my breath, though. Development on a game like SN is pretty expensive, so most of the profit we make goes back into running the company so that we can finish Subnautica and work on future games.

Still nice to dream, though.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited September 2016
    In that case, I hope you make enough money to live comfortably for the rest of your life...

This is really a fun game, even in its less than stellar state.

I'm very much looking forward to the 1.0 version being released.
    B)
  • Mk2Mk2 Join Date: 2016-07-08 Member: 219848Members
    It is one of the more inspiring and atmospheric survival games out there, so if they keep at it i'm positive they will do OK :smile: I would also have gone for their precedent title if it wasn't so multiplayer focused :smile:
  • SamNauticaSamNautica Join Date: 2016-08-22 Member: 221596Members
    Fix the framerate and it's perfect, and yet you still find a way to upgrade it! You guys are insanely awesome.
  • AvimimusAvimimus Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214968Members
    Honestly, out of the decades of playing games this is probably my favourite. I just wish there was a mode that provided constant challenges (kindof like in 'don't starve' with seasons, storms, creatures that damage infrastructure). If you guys could accomplish that and/or open up some modding potential I'll be in-love for the next sixty years.

Also, I really look forward to paying more. I've already bought two copies... I'd love to someday buy some DLC or expansions (even if they amount of content is much less for the same price).
  • harrzackharrzack United States Join Date: 2016-09-11 Member: 222250Members
    Loving the game - got 18 hrs in.... but do wish the food and water requirements were a bit less strict. Perhaps as a player advances and has more equipment and skills the food/water needs could get harder. That way a noob could make some early progress, and ease the frustration.
  • SkidmarkSkidmark Join Date: 2016-08-22 Member: 221584Members
    nah.!..food and water is just fine, Try hardcore mode ever since last patch the creature are twice as hostile and the longer your in game the worst it gets,they got gold with this game. wish sonar could pick up wrecks and moving big objects.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    >_>

I'll just leave this hir
    NS2_developers_holding_moolah.jpg
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited September 2016
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    >_>

I'll just leave this hir
    NS2_developers_holding_moolah.jpg

It's been quite a journey since then for sure!!!

I stopped playing Subnautica as soon as it was announced Tom was writing a story for it, as I didn't want it to be ruined. I am so looking forward to release.

I really get the feeling though that Subnautica is going to be a real monster. If this can come out in time for christmas, I honestly can see this being the #1 game. I just feel it is going to be a AAA sales level game.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I try to avoid as much of the spoilerish bastards on here and still haven't ventured beyond the red and green leafy things :D
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    Now I just found something really interesting. Do not watch the entire video if you want this to stay on-topic, just the first few minutes are relevant.

Jacksepticeye's vids of Subnautica actually saved UWE from going bankrupt? That's amazing!
    edited September 2016
    So if it wasn't for slap happy jack, the game company could have... sunk...