[36618] Double ladder click

TalisseraTalissera Join Date: 2016-09-03 Member: 222023Members
edited September 2016 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=759594756
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=759594792
I have ladder which are directly before my lockers. When I'm going down after click on the stairs I move lower and automatically enter to my locker. I checked my mouse for autoclick macros there is nothing.

Comments

• RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    edited September 2016
    Ladders aren't stairs :|
  • CaptagearCaptagear Join Date: 2016-08-28 Member: 221804Members
    edited September 2016
    @Requiemfang They might not speak English well, so give em a break. :)

As for the issue itself. @Talissera does the locker below open up the inventory screen, after clicking the ladder above once? I mean the base design of yours doesnt look very neat, but t reveals an underlying problem I suppose. I can't think why this would happen but it may have to do with the same reason you can scan objects though walls.
  • Mr_Rieper7Mr_Rieper7 South Africa Join Date: 2015-11-16 Member: 209299Members
    Hi, I have the same issue but it isn't limited to just this;

When building any interact-able object, as soon as it's done you activate it (if you are close enough).
    I usually build lockers above the ladder in by cyclops, as I come up the locker opens, if I change my angle of approach so that when I go up and don't face directly at the locker then it does not activate.

IMHO It's an interface issue that holds "click" commands over after an action is initiated.
  • x1Alpha2014x1Alpha2014 Germany Join Date: 2015-05-16 Member: 204528Members
    I say, donot Build ur Lockers above any Ladders or under them. Really who would do that? In reallife I cannot go up or down a ladder, if I have a locker in my way.
    @x1Alpha2014
    I think it's good he did, so that we now know of something to do with this double click mechanic which is occurring.
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    Same happens when you have a Hatch facing Lockers. You enter the Seabase through the Hatch and if the aim is on the Locker, it gets opened. I think the same issue is causing you to open a Locker you just built. But it's not really saving a click, as you do not activate the Locker Label when you have your aim on that. Similar thing happening with picking up plants and entering the planter or activating the bottom of a Alien Containment after entering it through the Hatch.
    @Fathom Yeah the more I think about it, the more I can recall this happening in a number of occasions. Would be good to fix for smoothness, not a priority but would go along way.
  • TalisseraTalissera Join Date: 2016-09-03 Member: 222023Members
    It's about free space utilization. I needed many lockers and one moment after I understood thet I need more levels above my head. Since there are only 4 anchors for ladder (thanks, I forgot this word), this solution takes place ((=
    This room is my workplace, room upper - gateway. I'm not a good designer, I need straight corridors and less clicks for ladders ((=
  • Depth46Depth46 Join Date: 2016-09-09 Member: 222167Members
    Hey,

Was just coming to report this, opened a hatch and it brought up the fabricate menu cause it was right in front
  • TalisseraTalissera Join Date: 2016-09-03 Member: 222023Members
    There is another bug: if you try to activate bioreactor or water filtration station from the distance which a litlle bit more then .. khm.. standard "characters hand", you activate the module, but menu doesn't load, you have camera anchor on the module and can't activate your inventory. Sometimes it required game reload or jump.