We misjudged the abyss

JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
Guys, I think we misjudged the endless void outside the map. I completely agree it should have a bottom, but I'm mainly focusing on the beauty of the surface. I like looking around and seeing nothing; no Aurora, no islands. Then you look down and there's nothing, you look up and there's nothing but the clouds the sky and the moon. To me it's beautiful.
pdx1ju8apv4p.jpg
rorc1a792nfy.jpg

I even spawned a reefback just to give it more life. I think there should be shoals of these swimming around out here. It just fits.
u462b06snw9l.jpg

This is my opinion. The world can't go on forever, so I think having an abyss with these above would be cool. This is my new relaxing spot.

Comments

• Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    I totally agree. Reef backs should spawn inside the abyss but bigger than the ones you can find on the map since there's nothing but open water. About the bottom, I think that it stretches so deep that you would die from pressure if you went down there. But who knows what's down there! New creatures undiscovered, new biomes in the deep! We just don't know.
  • CyionCyion London, ON Join Date: 2016-04-04 Member: 215334Members
    I like both ideas, large reefbacks, other whale like creatures, and large predators in the abyss.
  • DagothUrDagothUr Florida Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220125Members
    edited September 2016
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    edited September 2016
    "They who [swim] with [alien fishies] should look to it that they themself do not become an [alien fishy]. And when you [wink] long [towards] an abyss, the abyss also [winks towards] you."
  • TheLordEternalTheLordEternal The Earth Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206851Members
    Personally, I'd have hoped that the landmass we were on was just another (albeit massive) floater island.
    Would be cool to go beneath the massive chunk of a continent, Traveling through the dark with only its bottom to guide you in the depths and then suddenly the horizon lights up as a massive floater illuminates the abyss like a sudden star.
    I'd imagine these floaters would be so massive that they were kept alive by the heat produced by nuclear fission instead of food, Just to demonstrate how alien such a huge being would be.
    It would also be pretty awesome to find out that the lava zones get their temperatures from nuclear powered floaters. (plus would open the possibility to go much deeper as well as other floater continents.)
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    And then there's loads of these huge floating islands. Underneath those is the ocean floor but wait; just a bigger floating island. There's many of these massive floating islands and beneath those is the sea floo- nope, another enormous floating island. Float-ception.
  • DagothUrDagothUr Florida Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220125Members
    Personally, I'd have hoped that the landmass we were on was just another (albeit massive) floater island.

Technically it is. Go into Creative mode and drop Cyclops off edge of map. At around 3km depth you'll notice the edge-wall stop. The game map is basically a large cylinder. Beneath it is infinite nothing.

• GenghisConnorGenghisConnor Usa Join Date: 2016-08-25 Member: 221720Members
    I feel bad for videogame developers around the world. They spend hours crafting environments-only for us to be fascinated by the lack thereof
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    DagothUr wrote: »
    vv09c2cu8uy2.jpg

Journey to the center of 4546-B
  • ReefseekerReefseeker Finland Join Date: 2015-05-21 Member: 204740Members
    Jamezorg wrote: »
    Guys, I think we misjudged the endless void outside the map. I completely agree it should have a bottom, but I'm mainly focusing on the beauty of the surface. I like looking around and seeing nothing; no Aurora, no islands. Then you look down and there's nothing, you look up and there's nothing but the clouds the sky and the moon. To me it's beautiful.

I agree! It's beautiful. But it's also horrifying. And that's part of the awesomeness of this game.