Lifepod sunk

RichieCRichieC Mars Join Date: 2016-07-14 Member: 220235Members
My lifepod has sunk nose first onto the sea floor. Is this a glitch or a new feature?

Comments

• Dj0219Dj0219 Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217102Members
    I think it's a glitch or you took damage, the floaters will damage you life pod if they get attached
  • SansTheSkelebroSansTheSkelebro Italy Join Date: 2016-04-27 Member: 216071Members
    It might happen if you put waterproof lockers inside the pod; if that's the case, leave them outside
  • RichieCRichieC Mars Join Date: 2016-07-14 Member: 220235Members
    I didn't know you could put waterproof lockers in the pod. All I needed to do was swim away from the pod, then swim back and it was floating again.
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    Don't know why it happened, but I have a solution. Floaters. A lot of Floaters.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    Could you take a Screenshot of that and post it in here, im very curious to see this :smiley:
    I have no idea how that happened, tho, its in fact the first time i read about this from anyone so i have no idea about this sadly
    Jamezorg wrote: »
    Don't know why it happened, but I have a solution. Floaters. A lot of Floaters.

that might make the Lifepod rist to the surface yes, but since its nose-first in the sand it would probably be upside down, like the blown up Lifepod we see near the Aurora :wink:
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    DagothUr wrote: »
    Funny thing is that during the intro where you're supposed to see the lifepod falling from the exploding ship... yeah, actually your lifepod is already in the water for that entire scene. You can see the ocean surface clipping through the floor the whole time.

Yup and thats a MAJOR turn off right from the beginning. They need to fix this intro bug cuz really, that intro cinematic is the very first thing a new player see from your game. So the very first thing someone sees right now is a bugged intro ... not really what you'd call gratifying uh ... oh well :disappointed:
  • RichieCRichieC Mars Join Date: 2016-07-14 Member: 220235Members
    The nose was down and the butt-end was up so it was at a diagonal. I also lost oxygen while inside so I had to leave the lifepod to get oxygen. If it happens again, I'll take some screenshots.
  • BENSKIBENSKI Join Date: 2016-08-07 Member: 221063Members
    Rainstorm wrote: »
    the very first thing someone sees right now is a bugged intro

aaand the water clipping keeps on happening when you're playing normally. All that's needed to fix this would be to just make the life-pod float a little higher above the water surface.
    It astounds me that this hasn't yet been resolved ...
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    BENSKI wrote: »
    ...aaand the water clipping keeps on happening when you're playing normally. All that's needed to fix this would be to just make the life-pod float a little higher above the water surface.

Well, the water clips into the bottom of the lifepod whilst it is still up in the Aurora, so obviously having it above the water doesn't help. It can't be much higher than having been up inside the Aurora.
  • BENSKIBENSKI Join Date: 2016-08-07 Member: 221063Members
    The reason why there is water during the launch sequence is because the life-pod isn't actually moving. It's always on the ocean surface.
    In the intro, everything else is animated around the static life-pod to make it look as though it's is falling ... but it actually isn't.

That's why making the pod float higher on the ocean surface should stop the water clipping in the intro and for the rest of the game ...
    edited September 2016
    Myrm wrote: »
    BENSKI wrote: »
    ...aaand the water clipping keeps on happening when you're playing normally. All that's needed to fix this would be to just make the life-pod float a little higher above the water surface.

Well, the water clips into the bottom of the lifepod whilst it is still up in the Aurora, so obviously having it above the water doesn't help. It can't be much higher than having been up inside the Aurora.

Thats not exactly what happens there. The Lifepod never moves, its never on the Aurora nor in space, its on the water surface the whole intro time hence why you see the water waves clipping inside the lifepod floor. The reason the player should not realize this is that the water waves should'nt clip thru the lifepod floor.

Also, the Aurora never moves either. Its never in space nor is it really shot down for ''real'' (I.E theres no animations for that created in the game). Both the Aurora and the Lifepods all are where you find them and never ''moves'' per se (altho our lifepod tends to glitch out and drift off by itself sometimes lol)
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    Lots of facepalm in this thread.

I said it already, the liquid sloshing around in the pod during the intro is not water, it's our own fear-urine.
  • DagothUrDagothUr Florida Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220125Members
    Also: Why is it that the player's lifepod is the only one that didn't immediately sink to the bottom?
  • MiralityMirality New Zealand Join Date: 2016-08-05 Member: 221004Members
    Because plot convenience.
    Or perhaps whoever is taking out the other survivors wanted a control subject.
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    DagothUr wrote: »
    Also: Why is it that the player's lifepod is the only one that didn't immediately sink to the bottom?

It's not. There's one floating upside down.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited September 2016
    I just figured that it was ocean water that leaked into the pod when it first hit the surface after ejection from the Aurora.
    The pod is damaged, because you have to put out the fire and eventually weld things back into working order.

There is precedent for this, every time something bad happened on the SEAVIEW or it's Mini-sub (Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea) water ALWAYS leaked in, even if they were sitting on the surface.

>chuckle<
    8-)
  • MoofrogMoofrog Join Date: 2016-09-05 Member: 222096Members
    My lifepod "sunk" too. First it got drifted off very far away. And then it landed very deep in the ocean floor. I still receive its signal.
    I think someone hijacked it. Its now near that deep sea cave signal
    Dunno if it had anything to do with me attaching those floaters to it.
    Funnny enough they wont attach to these rocks near the start point.
    :#
    Anyways. It should not be a problem for players because at the time the lifepod "sinks" you should have already managed to build a base .
  • SlackerstuSlackerstu Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217432Members
    Well it landed in rather poor shape an if the player was not there to put the fire out and weld it up would have likely burned and sank shortly after landing like the others.